Astra 2F and Astra 2E - New satellites arrive

815 posts in this topic

We have lost all freeview channels, is this the reason? Should we wait a bit to see if it corrects itself or get the technician up the roof?

The new satellite 2F is now sending out a test signal at 11023H 23000 FEC 2/3 DVB S2 8PSK. Many east and south of Frankfurt cannot get the signal eg 120cm in Münich now not picking up test signal. The test signals are BBC1 HD which is still available on 1N as there is a period of dual transmission going on. In Hanover an 85cm dish no longer picks up test signal either. see www.satellites.co.uk for reception reports across Europe.... shit

Here in Berlin I get nothing at 11023H 23000 with a 90cm dish. It does not look promising.

Edit: Channels are still working because they are still transmitted on 1N

I am in Limburg- but a poster at www.satellites.co.uk is reporting no signal on a 120cm in Münich...plenty of reports on digital fernsehen forum too if you are interested of people eg in Hanover Heidelberg etc gettiing no test signal on their normal set ups. For me the signal is way down and hovering at 49% snr whereas the BBC1 HD on Astra 1N is at 76% snr ...looks like this is going to be a bugger...

KingOfSat has 2F now listed at 28.2 and with 11023H as the one active transponder: _http://en.kingofsat.net/sat-astra2f.php

Getting nada/nada on that frequency on an 88cm dish just to the East of Munich.

There is no gaurantee that the Beeb etc will stay on this Transponder/coverage...

Do you realise just how many brits work in bavaria controling the coverage and flight plan for these birds?

Lets not scare monger!

That's because the transition did not finish yet and 1N is still transmitting. So nothing really happened until now.

@Bob: That looks really god ... for you

The new satellite 2F is now sending out a test signal at 11023H 23000 FEC 2/3 DVB S2 8PSK. Many east and south of Frankfurt cannot get the signal eg 120cm in Münich now not picking up test signal. The test signals are BBC1 HD which is still available on 1N as there is a period of dual transmission going on. In Hanover an 85cm dish no longer picks up test signal either. see www.satellites.co.uk for reception reports across Europe.... shit

From Heidelberg the test transponder is not looking great either...1 Meter dish

post-164470-13537403130282_thumb.jpg

Don't know if these Frequencies are correct but most are working in my location.

http://www.astra2.org/astra2f.html

I've done a channel search on 11023H/23000 and get nothing here in Munich (1m dish). Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but doesn't look great.