I just can't seem to find... buying hard-to-track-down items

687 posts in this topic

Just now, dessa_dangerous said:

@engelchen in my neighborhood, TP is sold out on the same day it's delivered, in every store I go to.  That's why I need a "plan."

I know on Saturday a very friendly woman mentioned that Rossman had tons while I was looking at the rows of empty shelves at Edeka. Edeka received a delivery on Monday morning.

I see two issues with your plan:

1. I don't think every store receives inventory at the same time. My local stores probably have a different delivery schedule than yours.

2. I hear that that employees don't know what they are actually going to get until they unload the truck. The poor girl at Edeka apologised because they didn't receive what they ordered for Saturday. 

I would suggest to ask someone stocking shelves at your local store when they are expecting a delivery and hope what you want is on the truck.

1. probably, but doesn't hurt to ask/compare notes

2. Saturday seems to be a day when a lot of stores get shipment, but for what may be obvious reasons, I'm looking to avoid shopping on a Saturday.

Good to know about your Edeka.  Someone else thought maybe all stores in a chain get shipment on the same day which didn't seem probable to me either.  My local Edeka gets shipment on Thursday and Saturday, this I know.  But the store is well-managed.  When the shipment comes, everything that is missing is delivered.  These days it just doesn't stay on the shelf very long.

30 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

Anyone seen IZAL TP ?  I need some nostalgia !

Nostalgia I could do without.  We had something similar at primary school.  I used to walk from about 5 years old.  Slipped in dog diarrhea.  Short dress on, legs liberally covered with it.  Teachers not interested, so I just did my best (smearing it around mostly) with the hard loo roll.  At least the disinfectant smell helped a bit.

Are Altoids available in Germany?

I have never seen them, but so often find that I am just an idiot, and they have been there all the time and obvious to everyone else.

Mostly I want them for the tins, so a recommendation of a thing which comes in a similar tin and is not too expensive would be just as useful.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, kiplette said:

Are Altoids available in Germany?

I have never seen them, but so often find that I am just an idiot, and they have been there all the time and obvious to everyone else.

Mostly I want them for the tins, so a recommendation of a thing which comes in a similar tin and is not too expensive would be just as useful.

Thank you.

you can get nice tin "pill boxes" on Amazon.de

https://www.amazon.de/Nostalgic-Art-Vespa-Garage-Pillen-Dose-Bonbon-Box-Pfefferminz-Dragees/dp/B07HZH6LRZ/ref=sr_1_12?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=pfefferminz+in+blechdose&qid=1595572427&sr=8-12

or this one

https://www.amazon.de/Nostalgic-Art-82110-Pillen-Dose-Bonbon-Box-Pfefferminz-Dragees/dp/B079TLW81V/ref=sr_1_14?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=32XCL3VI1TNJB&dchild=1&keywords=pillendose+metall&qid=1595572618&sprefix=Pillendos+%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-14

you can also get Altoids - in case you need pill boxes with their specific logo on them

https://www.amazon.de/Altoids-Peppermints-12er-Pack-12/dp/B01H07W0X0/ref=sr_1_7?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=1W0PT3W2AFPS4&dchild=1&keywords=altoids+dose&qid=1595572751&sprefix=Altoids%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-7