I just can't seem to find... buying hard-to-track-down items

687 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

Slightly strange question, but does anyone happen to have a trustworthy dictionary in which they would look up 'Ethical' for us, and give us the page number, name of the dictionary, meaning etc. - we need to include it in a paper which apparently can't include any .com type online sources.

The 'I just can't seem to find' part of this is that I can't find our compact OED to do it myself. Even though it is a massive sodding thing in a box with a microscope to read it with. So annoying.

Apologies for the pathetic request. Hoping someone can help soon, as the thing is due in ASAP.

Source: Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus ISBN 978-0-19-923088-4

Page 349

ethical1.jpg

Probably not hard to find but does anybody know of a Baumarkt in Munich where we can get paint samples to try before choosing a color? I want to test some different shades of gray for our living room. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Probably not hard to find but does anybody know of a Baumarkt in Munich where we can get paint samples to try before choosing a color? I want to test some different shades of gray for our living room. Thanks!

Just how many shades of gray, exactly? 50? For your "living room"? Sure. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

I'm clearly missing out living here in Karlsruhe.

We went to the biggest Baumarkt and they didn't have samples but we managed to choose something anyway. Not as dark as I wanted and not as light (white) as Himself wanted so we can both hate it. That's called compromise.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We went to the biggest Baumarkt and they didn't have samples but we managed to choose something anyway. Not as dark as I wanted and not as light (white) as Himself wanted so we can both hate it. That's called compromise.

I seem to remember we bought some tiny cans of various colours we wanted.

@fraufruitit was a few years back but I got sample pots from my local OBI paint department as I was wanting to check the colours in the light of my apartment - I cant recall now if I paid something for it or not, probably I did. They did have a huge selection of paint (paper) swatches to look at which I could also take with me for free and the final choices I kept those swatches for future match up. Hope you find what you are looking for :)

Thanks everyone! As I said, we just chose a color and went for it. They had a lot of swatches, too, but I picked out the last color that way and have hated it ever since. I don't think we can go wrong with the light gray we picked and a guy will come paint when we are out of town at the end of the month. I believe the big place was called Bauhaus. It's kind of new. There were a lot of helpful, cheerful people in there.

Poo Pourri!

I have just learnt of the existence of this intriguing product, but only see it advertised online. Anyone sighted it in a shop?

Looking for custom nuts and bolts (specifically a small-threaded nut/mutter) and a couple hollow bolts with non-standard pitches.  Has anyone had experience getting these kind of things anywhere in Berlin/germany/europe?  

2 hours ago, shockedpenguin said:

Looking for custom nuts and bolts (specifically a small-threaded nut/mutter) and a couple hollow bolts with non-standard pitches.  Has anyone had experience getting these kind of things anywhere in Berlin/germany/europe?  

Best hardware shop in Berlin. If they don't have it, they can probably direct  you to someone who can:

C. ADOLPH Eisenwaren

Savignyplatz 3

10623 Berlin

52 minutes ago, Wasteland said:

Berliner call that Shop   Eisen Adolph.

And?

all joking aside: TOILET PAPER

what days of the week have people been having luck, at which stores?  I haven't seen toilet paper in any store for over a month.  Any hot tips?

I haven’t seen any either for the last 2 weeks. Just bought a few boxes of tissues that were still plentiful.

ETA...best not to use the eucalyptus impregnated tissues ;) 

8 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

all joking aside: TOILET PAPER

what days of the week have people been having luck, at which stores?  I haven't seen toilet paper in any store for over a month.  Any hot tips?

Rossmann supposedly had tons last week. I would try first thing in the morning and I saw some at Edeka.