TV license fees in Germany - Rundfunkbeitrag, formerly known as GEZ

1,789 posts in this topic

thank you @Smaug for getting those scans sorted for me so others may give input on what action is best for me to take - you are an angel and hoping that god things come your way in return! :D  (oops that was spell mistake and was meant to be "good" but on the otherhand why limit what may come!)

All you have to do is tick the second box from the top: "Es sind bereits alle Betriebsstätten..." and enter your subscriber number in the hatched field below it "Die Beitragsnummer lautet".

Then complete the date and sign where it says "Unterschrift".

thank you @El Jeffo - it really is that simple?! whew!!   

and thank you to other contributors  @LeonG that link you posted was the one I was referring to -  https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/e175/e5290/Merkblatt_Unternehmen_Institutionen_und_Einrichtungen_des_Gemeinwohls_Englisch.pdf    and I only became more overwhelmed and worried reading it through after having the forms, it may make more sense as you rightly stated but my "trying to do it right" mind was challenged. And @Smaug awesome scan help! you all three have relieved my afternoon tremendously thank you :P

@El Jeffo  I am looking again at the form - sorry but I am still confused as I am not a business but private person registered, so dont I have to somehow fill out the bit about Privatewohnung? 

To clarify the flat is my private residence and I am registered there, the registered charity (e.V.) is registered at my home address but does not have any employees or physical presence, just the bookkeeping files. (I mean that it is registered with the charities authority and financeamt but not with the ARD)

thanks again for clarifying!

No, you just have to fill out the part that says you're already registered (what I indicated above) and enter your subscriber number. They already have the rest of your information - including your home address - under that number.

Hello guys! I need quick help! I lived in a flat where one flatmate was paying Rundfunkbeitrag. Now I moved to another flat where my new flatmate is already paying, and I want to inform Rundfunkbeitrag about my new address and the fact that someone is already paying. But I have no clue on which form to use from their website. Could someone enlighten me?

There is one form to specify the change of address, but it doesn't let me enter Beitragsnummer of the flatmate who is already paying for the new flat.

1 minute ago, AnitaRoxas said:

Hello guys! I need quick help! I lived in a flat where one flatmate was paying Rundfunkbeitrag. Now I moved to another flat where my new flatmate is already paying, and I want to inform Rundfunkbeitrag about my new address and the fact that someone is already paying. But I have no clue on which form to use from their website. Could someone enlighten me?

There is one form to specify the change of address, but it doesn't let me enter Beitragsnummer of the flatmate who is already paying for the new flat.

don’t use a form. Just write them a letter