New petition - Rundfunkbeitrag, formerly known as GEZ

1,803 posts in this topic

thank you @Smaug for getting those scans sorted for me so others may give input on what action is best for me to take - you are an angel and hoping that god things come your way in return! :D  (oops that was spell mistake and was meant to be "good" but on the otherhand why limit what may come!)

All you have to do is tick the second box from the top: "Es sind bereits alle Betriebsstätten..." and enter your subscriber number in the hatched field below it "Die Beitragsnummer lautet".

Then complete the date and sign where it says "Unterschrift".

thank you @El Jeffo - it really is that simple?! whew!!   

and thank you to other contributors  @LeonG that link you posted was the one I was referring to -  https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/e175/e5290/Merkblatt_Unternehmen_Institutionen_und_Einrichtungen_des_Gemeinwohls_Englisch.pdf    and I only became more overwhelmed and worried reading it through after having the forms, it may make more sense as you rightly stated but my "trying to do it right" mind was challenged. And @Smaug awesome scan help! you all three have relieved my afternoon tremendously thank you :P

@El Jeffo  I am looking again at the form - sorry but I am still confused as I am not a business but private person registered, so dont I have to somehow fill out the bit about Privatewohnung? 

To clarify the flat is my private residence and I am registered there, the registered charity (e.V.) is registered at my home address but does not have any employees or physical presence, just the bookkeeping files. (I mean that it is registered with the charities authority and financeamt but not with the ARD)

thanks again for clarifying!

No, you just have to fill out the part that says you're already registered (what I indicated above) and enter your subscriber number. They already have the rest of your information - including your home address - under that number.

Hello guys! I need quick help! I lived in a flat where one flatmate was paying Rundfunkbeitrag. Now I moved to another flat where my new flatmate is already paying, and I want to inform Rundfunkbeitrag about my new address and the fact that someone is already paying. But I have no clue on which form to use from their website. Could someone enlighten me?

There is one form to specify the change of address, but it doesn't let me enter Beitragsnummer of the flatmate who is already paying for the new flat.

1 minute ago, AnitaRoxas said:

Hello guys! I need quick help! I lived in a flat where one flatmate was paying Rundfunkbeitrag. Now I moved to another flat where my new flatmate is already paying, and I want to inform Rundfunkbeitrag about my new address and the fact that someone is already paying. But I have no clue on which form to use from their website. Could someone enlighten me?

There is one form to specify the change of address, but it doesn't let me enter Beitragsnummer of the flatmate who is already paying for the new flat.

don’t use a form. Just write them a letter 

The best way to deal with the Beitragservice is to not interact with them them at all in any way - ever. If you are already paying. Stop paying. If you are thinking of paying, don’t and for the love of God Almighty, do not under any circumstances contact them as doing so would confirm that you have received their letters. I have been in Germany for over 13 years and have not paid a single cent to those idiots. I have also not received any letters from them in over three years and the next time I do, if ever, I will simply use the 550 5.1.1 method described below. But first a little background regarding these idiots: The Beitragservice operates on the assumption that everyone in Germany is "registered" similar to sex offenders at the Einwohnermeldeamt. Keep in mind, that the only information that the Beitragservice has to go by (unless you help them) is a list of names and addresses that they regularly receive from the Einwohnermeldeamt to which they then send their spam. GDPR be damned!

The Beitragservice does not care about you per se, but rather the "ownership of a flat" (Inhaberschaft einer Wohnung) which is why, when you look at their "bills" (aka "spam") you will see "1 Wohnung = €XXX". If they really had their act together they would assign the "account number" to dwellings and not individuals, but they don't do this and seem to have a difficult time keeping things straight, especially over time which is why they rely on their potential new victims providing the account numbers of those who are already paying. (…again GDPR be damned!) A question to ask yourself is why can’t the Beitragservice themselves not keep track of the flats for which they are already getting paid? Clearly it is nightmare for them to keep track of what they are doing if all they really have to go by is a spamming list unless you help them.

The SMTP error 550 5.1.1 (email) essentially informs the sender that the intended recipient does not exist. When dealing with the Beitragservice it is in your best interest to do the same.

The first rule is, first and foremost, do not open or in anyway write on the envelope when their letters arrive in your mailbox. Instead, very quickly, either you or have someone else take the letter to your local Post** and tell the person at the counter that the addressee had recently moved out and to kindly return the letter to the sender. The Post will put a sticker on the letter stating that the addressee has moved and the Beitragservice will need to update their mailing list.*** Rinse, wash, and repeat until the letters cease altogether which they eventually will. Congratulations! Sie sind befreit! You will then be able to live in peace without being regularly harassed by the Beitragservice. And before you ask, no, the Beitragservice will not send a bailiff to your door looking for you if they cannot verify your existence in the first place, which is what they assume if their letters do not bounce back. People leave Germany all the time without deregistering at the Einwohnermeldeamt and Beitragservice simply does not have the resources to verify the true whereabouts of every individual on their spam list.

**An alternative to walking the letter to the Post is to simply *immediately* toss the unopened, unmodified letter into a nearby yellow mailbox, then for the next two or three days change the name on your mailbox by putting a different name on it. I keep a Brother P-touch Label Maker handy just for this purpose. I realize that not everyone has the ability or desire to do this, so walking the letter to the Post may be the preferred method for some people.

***It is important that the Beitragservice thinks that the Postal Service was unable to deliver the letter to your mail If you in anyway modify the envelope by writing on it, crossing out the addressee's name or anything else the Beitragservice may think that someone is pulling the mickey.

7 hours ago, Froggels said:

A question to ask yourself is why can’t the Beitragservice themselves not keep track of the flats for which they are already getting paid

Because they don´t know how many dwellings are in a given building. Where should they know that from?

7 hours ago, Froggels said:

If they really had their act together they would assign the "account number" to dwellings and not individuals,

That´s not practical. Imagine e. g. there are several people in the same dwelling and one or some of them have don´t have to pay.

On 1/30/2020, 10:57:59, Froggels said:

The best way to deal with the Beitragservice is to not interact with them them at all in any way - ever. If you are already paying. Stop paying. If you are thinking of paying, don’t and for the love of God Almighty, do not under any circumstances contact them as doing so would confirm that you have received their letters. I have been in Germany for over 13 years and have not paid a single cent to those idiots. I have also not received any letters from them in over three years and the next time I do, if ever, I will simply use the 550 5.1.1 method described below. But first a little background regarding these idiots: The Beitragservice operates on the assumption that everyone in Germany is "registered" similar to sex offenders at the Einwohnermeldeamt. Keep in mind, that the only information that the Beitragservice has to go by (unless you help them) is a list of names and addresses that they regularly receive from the Einwohnermeldeamt to which they then send their spam. GDPR be damned!

The Beitragservice does not care about you per se, but rather the "ownership of a flat" (Inhaberschaft einer Wohnung) which is why, when you look at their "bills" (aka "spam") you will see "1 Wohnung = €XXX". If they really had their act together they would assign the "account number" to dwellings and not individuals, but they don't do this and seem to have a difficult time keeping things straight, especially over time which is why they rely on their potential new victims providing the account numbers of those who are already paying. (…again GDPR be damned!) A question to ask yourself is why can’t the Beitragservice themselves not keep track of the flats for which they are already getting paid? Clearly it is nightmare for them to keep track of what they are doing if all they really have to go by is a spamming list unless you help them.

The SMTP error 550 5.1.1 (email) essentially informs the sender that the intended recipient does not exist. When dealing with the Beitragservice it is in your best interest to do the same.

The first rule is, first and foremost, do not open or in anyway write on the envelope when their letters arrive in your mailbox. Instead, very quickly, either you or have someone else take the letter to your local Post** and tell the person at the counter that the addressee had recently moved out and to kindly return the letter to the sender. The Post will put a sticker on the letter stating that the addressee has moved and the Beitragservice will need to update their mailing list.*** Rinse, wash, and repeat until the letters cease altogether which they eventually will. Congratulations! Sie sind befreit! You will then be able to live in peace without being regularly harassed by the Beitragservice. And before you ask, no, the Beitragservice will not send a bailiff to your door looking for you if they cannot verify your existence in the first place, which is what they assume if their letters do not bounce back. People leave Germany all the time without deregistering at the Einwohnermeldeamt and Beitragservice simply does not have the resources to verify the true whereabouts of every individual on their spam list.

**An alternative to walking the letter to the Post is to simply *immediately* toss the unopened, unmodified letter into a nearby yellow mailbox, then for the next two or three days change the name on your mailbox by putting a different name on it. I keep a Brother P-touch Label Maker handy just for this purpose. I realize that not everyone has the ability or desire to do this, so walking the letter to the Post may be the preferred method for some people.

***It is important that the Beitragservice thinks that the Postal Service was unable to deliver the letter to your mail If you in anyway modify the envelope by writing on it, crossing out the addressee's name or anything else the Beitragservice may think that someone is pulling the mickey.

To bad you didn't write this 6 months ago, I had to pay back pay for 2 yrs I told them I am a pensioner and receive less them 500 euro per month though a Uk pension and they said sorry because I don't get a german pension I am not eligible for the discount. :(

On 12/15/2019, 11:44:29, fraufruit said:

New petition against GEZ.

Please sign and pass it around.

Signed and shared. Thanks for that.

I just recently paid for the last 2 years that I wasn't paying... very begrudgingly. It took me quite a while to give in to it and finally pay (and a lot of complaining from my German GF).

It's just- my credit in America is fucked... When I moved here, I saw it as a (somewhat) fresh start and have kept my credit perfect... Also, as mindblowing as the whole GEZ thing is, it does seem like it's not going away anytime soon, so the longer I would have waited to pay it, the more I would have to pay, if ever forced to pay it.

Last Thursday, I wrote an email to the chairman of the KEF: Kommittee zur Ermittlung des Finanzbedarfs (Financial needs assessment committee), who advised an increase of the monthly fee of €0,86 for the coming period 2021-2024. It's a highly academic committee consisting of 16 members of which 1 woman. The advice still needs to be approved by all involved committees in all Bundesländer (that's how things work in Germany) :)).

This is the English translation with DeepL.com:

Dear Dr. Fischer-Heidlberger,

It was with great astonishment that I learned through the media that KEF had made a recommendation to increase the broadcasting and radio contribution. The world's largest budget for public service broadcasting and radio of over €8 billion per year does not seem sufficient for the coming period. Perhaps the ARD, ZDF, WDR and Co. can for the first time implement all savings measures before the contribution is increased?

- Why do employees enjoy a generous pension that is on average three times higher than that of normal citizens? I remember a provision of the ARD of about half a billion euros to be able to pay out future pensions. The viewers are clearly asked to pay.

- Why do some employees earn more than the Chancellor? In the Netherlands, for example, public television employees may never earn more than the Prime Minister.

- Why does WDR have an incredible 11 studios in NRW? Each time you pay 11 times rent, electricity, reception, cleaning, security, etc.

- Why do both ARD and ZDF always have to set up their own studios in elections? My suggestion would be that only one station reports the elections. That is quite enough. There are also the private stations. There are other examples where everything is always reported "twice". The savings potential is huge.

- Why are all teletext departments of all public stations not centralized, so that there is only one department similar to Austria, Switzerland, England, the Netherlands, etc.? I don't understand why everyone here is doing "their own thing".

- If the viewers are already paying so much money, then why is there still no two-channel sound system similar to the one in Switzerland (SRF) or Austria (ORF), so that you can watch films in the original language? Even in Spain and Italy you can watch films in the original language. Germany is once again "lagging behind" in this area.

Kind regards,

PS- I don't expect a reply to be honest since it was more like a rant, but let's see and wait :).

19 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

email

Any chance you would be willing to post the German text as well? These are all amazing points and I might want to send a similar letter, maybe to my local Abgeordnete. Also recently had a conversation regarding this with a friend of mine (German) who seem to think there is no other way to keep public broadcasting outside the purview of the state. I wish I had thought of arguments such as these. All I could come up with was my dislike for how much of that money goes to actual programming and how much goes to expensive and unnecessary lawsuits.

Have you considered contacting your local daily paper and having them publish it?