TV license fees in Germany - Rundfunkbeitrag, formerly known as GEZ

1,774 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, RedMidge said:

Hope you do not mean you failed to Anmeldung?!

Thank you for all your replies...Yes I did register...I know I also talked about it back in 2015, then I completely forgot about it, if I don't write things down I forget ;(

Anyway I send of the filled in form and sent it off yesterday
What gets me is if you call them you  have to pay 20c min or 60c from a mobile they also don't have an email.. as soon as I get my new pension details in Feb I will send them a copy, actually this was one of the reasons I didn't have to pay, when I did my Anmeldung I had to show proof of income..Oh well, it is what it is and what will happen will happen... :(
 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been paying for tv license fees and received this notification. Since my German is not good, I am looking for some help to understand what it says and what do I have to do next? Images can be seen below, looking forward to someone who has received something similar or anyone who can guide me with the next steps.

 

[images removed, personal data]

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a certified translator and it's midnight, but Uwe is a bailiff and the song goes like this:

 

"One, two, Uwe's coming for you

Three, four, better lock your door

Five, six, grab your crucifix

Seven, eight, pay or else it's too late

Nine, ten, never do this again"

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can see, they are putting a dent on your credit report by listing your debts on it.  You have two weeks to contest that or until the 23rd I guess.  You can call the court bailiff on Tuesday between 9 and 10:30 if you have questions.  If your German is bad, you may want to ask a friend to help you.  The court bailiff might not speak English.

 

Also, you have not done a good job of hiding your personal info.  I can clearly read your name, address and birth year on it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeonG said:

 

As far as I can see, they are putting a dent on your credit report by listing your debts on it.  You have two weeks to contest that or until the 23rd I guess.  You can call the court bailiff on Tuesday between 9 and 10:30 if you have questions.  If your German is bad, you may want to ask a friend to help you.  The court bailiff might not speak English.

 

Also, you have not done a good job of hiding your personal info.  I can clearly read your name, address and birth year on it.

 
 
 
3 hours ago, Sherazali said:

 

Do I have to pay the amount to the given account on one of these pages or there is another procedure that I have to call them and ask and follow?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't actually see an amount anywhere on the letters you posted but if you want to avoid trouble in the future, you are probably better off paying up.  There are people who make a point of not paying but if you do that, you have to face the consequences, deal with court bailiffs etc.

 

Call the court bailiff on Tuesday and ask him if you should pay him or someone else.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.4.2019, 01:22:51, LeonG said:

As far as I can see, they are putting a dent on your credit report by listing your debts on it.  You have two weeks to contest that or until the 23rd I guess.  You can call the court bailiff on Tuesday between 9 and 10:30 if you have questions.  If your German is bad, you may want to ask a friend to help you.  The court bailiff might not speak English.

 

Also, you have not done a good job of hiding your personal info.  I can clearly read your name, address and birth year on it.

 

It's not just a dent. It's one of the worst entries you can get. Refusal to give a Vermögensauskunft. If that entry stands, this will also find it's way to Schufa and every other rating company. He/she is basically financially dead for the forseable future after that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyway to check online how much you currently owe? I pay every 3 months and cannot for the life of me remember if I paid the last bill I got...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adem137 said:

Is there anyway to check online how much you currently owe? I pay every 3 months and cannot for the life of me remember if I paid the last bill I got...

 

This is not available. Arranging to pay by direct debit (Last­schrift­verfahren) would save you the trouble of trying to remember if you had paid.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019, 11:07:50, Sherazali said:

I have not been paying for tv license fees and received this notification. Since my German is not good, I am looking for some help to understand what it says and what do I have to do next? Images can be seen below, looking forward to someone who has received something similar or anyone who can guide me with the next steps.

 

[images removed, personal data]

Scan it in and then open in word (will convert it) and copy and paste into deepl.com that should give you a pretty good idea, secondly give it to a co-worker to read

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adem137 said:

Is there anyway to check online how much you currently owe? I pay every 3 months and cannot for the life of me remember if I paid the last bill I got...

What about checking your bank account/statement? Per quarter it's €52,50. I pay per direct debit, so I don't have to remember :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:
So, I went to the given address today here in Nuremberg and they just printed something and gave it to me and asked me to call on the given number of Rundfunkbeitrag. I am really not sure what I have to do next. I am planning to call the given number tomorrow (I hope they speak a little bit of English). Here are the pages they gave me, I did scan and translate them online but could not understand what I have to do next(A little help is much appreciated to understand it if someone has already gone through this process): 
Page 1:https://imgur.com/8Q31rzd
Page 2:https://imgur.com/m1xNtCg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sherazali said:

could not understand what I have to do next(A little help is much appreciated to understand it if someone has already gone through this process): 

 

Im not sure if I understood the question correctly.  What the document says is that you should transfer the amount specified to the account specified and give the required info as text for the payment so they know it was you.

 

If you dont pay then there will be (as I read it) at least 500€ more costs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

Im not sure if I understood the question correctly.  What the document says is that you should transfer the amount specified to the account specified and give the required info as text for the payment so they know it was you.

 

If you dont pay then there will be (as I read it) at least 500€ more costs.

That's what I was trying to get. I went there and they gave me these pages today. the letter I received previously has a different account number (it was this Nuremberg's account where I was today) and I transferred the amount to that account. I am not sure if they have got it or not. What I am thinking is that I should go there next week with the transfer details, may be they'll suggest me something. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

Im not sure if I understood the question correctly.  What the document says is that you should transfer the amount specified to the account specified and give the required info as text for the payment so they know it was you.

 

If you dont pay then there will be (as I read it) at least 500€ more costs.

I'm afraid you read it incorrectly. What is says is that if the total amount due is at least €500, they're ordering the addressee to request certain financial data from the carriers of the statutory pension insurance and from the Federal Central Tax Office.

 

The payment instructions are intended for the bailiff/collector - "Bitte überweisen Sie die eingezogenen Beträge..."

 

I can only assume that @Sherazali was given this letter by mistake (or perhaps as additional information/documentation), because it's addressed to the bailiff who's been charged with the collection. Given that the bailiff was instructed to obtain financial information from Sherazali and Sherazali refused to provide this information, his/her credit rating is about to be tanked. We don't have the full information, but it seems that the window for avoiding the Schufa ding has closed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sherazali said:

the letter I received previously has a different account number (it was this Nuremberg's account where I was today) and I transferred the amount to that account.

 

So she already paid.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I'm afraid you read it incorrectly. What is says is that if the total amount due is at least €500, they're ordering the addressee to request certain financial data from the carriers of the statutory pension insurance and from the Federal Central Tax Office.

 

The payment instructions are intended for the bailiff/collector - "Bitte überweisen Sie die eingezogenen Beträge..."

 

I can only assume that @Sherazali was given this letter by mistake (or perhaps as additional information/documentation), because it's addressed to the bailiff who's been charged with the collection. Given that the bailiff was instructed to obtain financial information from Sherazali and Sherazali refused to provide this information, his/her credit rating is about to be tanked. We don't have the full information, but it seems that the window for avoiding the Schufa ding has closed.

What do you mean by "financial information"? Can you please elaborate it a bit?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 

So she already paid.

Yes, The last letter which had an deadline of two weeks. I paid it within the deadline and earlier today I received a small payment back from the same account and as far as I understood by the transaction details it said "overpayment".  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now