Meanwhile in Canada...

285 posts in this topic

Canadians know that saying "Thank you" to the person holding the door open comes naturally and saying "excuse me, I'm sorry" while bumping together in the Subway constantly but...

post-25561-13760511325801.png

then you've been out-canadianed.

:lol:

Got Canadian relatives. They may be close to God, but they're too far from me in the US.

I do miss living in Montréal. Such a beautiful city and I had a wonderful time there. Maybe one day I'll go back. :unsure:

I do miss living in Montréal. Such a beautiful city and I had a wonderful time there. Maybe one day I'll go back.

Aaaaah FuzzyTony...I didn't watch that because I was afraid it would make me miss Montreal too much. Spent a great four years there. It really is a wonderful, beautiful place. Nowhere like it... :)

Pretty much bang-on from what I've been seeing, but would add:

1. Add AWEsome to your vocabulary and use it to reply to any utterance you may hear.

2. Get used to standing in line watching everyone pay with plastic for everything down to the smallest hunk of bubble gum.

3. What, you want 15 bucks for this chunk of cheese? Fuck you.

4. Bad drivers. Oh yeah, they mentioned that. The way they drive here, they'd be out of the German car gene pool in one hell of a hurry.

5. If you need to get anywhere by car, allow twice the amount of time you think you'll need. Then add a half-hour.

6. Thank whatever deity you usually thank, but thank them most you're not in Toronto.

[Vancouver video]

There are a lot of parallels with SF (and NorCal in general and, of course, Seattle) in that one. In SF just replace the constant rain with the fog.

I've only been to Vancouver 4 days in my life, for a conference. Stayed at Jericho beach. It was beautiful despite the fact that it rained 3 out of 4 days. And every person working at the front desk of the youth hostel commented on the rain every day I was there.

A Canadian has won something or other! ("how do you feel aboot that?" "I feel very happy aboot it") :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24477246