Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English Language Movies in Nürnberg

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

My husband and I moved to Nürnberg a few weeks ago.

We really want to see a few movies in English, especially Looper.

I have heard about the Roxy theater, http://www.roxy-nuernberg.de, but their website hasn't been updated in a year and when I called today they weren't open.

Does anyone know if they are still in operation?

I also checked out the Cinecitta, http://www.cinecitta.de, which looks more promising, but their selection is very limited, and they don't have Looper.

Any other ideas?

Other options of nightly entertainment are welcome too :)

i've been here only for one year and my knowledge is as good as yours. hope someone can suggest any good pointers... me luv the movies.

I do not believe the Roxy is still open. It was a small older theater. Nice for dramas but not for the big productions.

Cinecitta rotates new movies in every 2-3 weeks with normal one kids movie playing. You really only want to go if they are in Studio Kino 2, not Studio Kino 1, which is not as nice. I would suggest either checking the website once a month or go to IMDB to find when the release of new movie of movies you are interested are opening in Germany.

Hello, Roxy has been closed for over a year now. Herr Kiesel (the owner) is now too old to run it and his children are not interested in opening the theater. Just Cinecitta has english movies in the area.

Casablanca runs undubbed films http://www.casablanca-nuernberg.de/

They tend to be rather arty / festival types of films, not the usual James Bond / Spiderman blockbusters, but I like this place.

Update:

The Roxy Kino is reopening from tomorrow - 31st October - with Skyfall.

My link

They placed an ad about reopening in the cinema magazine you get at cinecitta - they are also seeking new minijobbers/part-timers.

Website also up and running (link above)

I use cinecitta originals quite a lot - they also had a recent showing of National Theater's Frankenstein which was excellent - but the Roxy has that old-fashioned cinema charm which is just lovely and I like to support independents.

Roxy has that old-fashioned cinema charm which is just lovely

Yes, your right! That´s what I had always enjoyed about Roxy, that small Town Theater feeling!

Cinecitta has movies in English basically every day, a selection of them, and usually quite a few a day. What you need to know about their website, is that it's not published under regular movie schedule. But go to the Cinecitta's web page, on the home page click on the Events (or Special Events, don't remember exactly how it's called) - and then onto the next chapter - movies in O.V. (original language). There you have it - the full schedule, ability to buy tickets on line, pick seats, all of it :)