Red Tape Translation

15 posts in this topic

post-16-14248524486889.png

Red Tape Translation

Translation, interpreting, and telephone help for English speakers in Germany.

Visiting public offices in Germany can be stressful if you haven't yet mastered German. Hiring a relocation agent or an immigration lawyer is costly. Red Tape Translation is an affordable solution: a German language expert will come with you and interpret at your appointment in Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin, Cologne, or Hamburg.

Ausländerbehörde (foreigner's office), Agentur für Arbeit, Jobcenter, Standesamt, apartment viewings… a German-English interpreter or translator makes your job and your case worker’s job much easier. Sign a rental contract in Hamburg, view an apartment in Frankfurt, organize your unemployment benefits in Cologne or sort out your freelance artist’s visa in Berlin. Tape Translation will come along with you for a price that won't break the bank.

Book Telephone Time to get through your important German phone calls, Germany-wide. Much cheaper and more personal than a translation hotline, you buy a block of Kathleen's time in advance, and use it when you want to make German phone calls. Get Skype help before you even leave your home country, and know exactly which documents you need to pack. This service is great for calling your landlord, organising repairs, booking a doctor’s appointment, or finding out what you need to bring to your work permit appointment. Over Skype, you can use it from anywhere in the world.

Red Tape Translation offers:

• Document translation (both directions)
  • Certified translations (both directions)
  • Interpreting at your appointment
  • Help for new expats for those who are planning a trip to Germany
  • Help for pregnant women or families with new babies: Elterngeld, Kindergeld, Jugendamt, Familienkasse
  • German - English interpreting on the phone (Germany-wide)
  • Skype help with filling out forms and preparing for appointments
  • Help finalising everything when you leave Germany

Kathleen Parker is a translator, writer and editor living in Berlin. Having gone through just about every bureaucratic process possible in Germany, she did it all the hard way - on her own. In the process, Kathleen and her expat friends and colleagues made and learned from just about every mistake it’s possible for a foreigner to make in Germany. Red tape Translation got started in 2012, and now enlists the help of friendly bilingual interpreters and translators in Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Cologne, and Hamburg.

Angaben gemäß § 5 TMG:

Red Tape Translation

Kathleen Parker

www.redtapetranslation.com

Tel.: +49 30 2089 6634

Ust-IdNr: DE282731584

This is a paid placement posting.

I've used Kathleen for a lot of telephone translation work, and would highly recommend her. See my blog for details of what she did, and how.

We used Kathleen at Red Tape Translation a number of times as we were settling into Berlin - for 2 appointments at the LABO and dealing with a rental agency contract (in person and over the phone). She was calm, efficient, professional and good natured as we navigated through the our various tasks. Kathleen was a great help and we recommend her without hesitation to anyone needing some help navigating various German companies and Government offices.

I used the help of Kathleen a few times and would ask her again shall I need something in the future. She was very helpful, quick and efficient. It was all so much easier having her there with me as on my previous tries alone I left crying bcs nobody understood me and I didnt understand them with the little German I have. And I thought it would be easy... Im very glad I found her through Toytown, we met the next day and everything was sorted. She has the ability to make stressful situation relaxed and go smoothly.

I would definitely recommend Kathleen to anybody who needs help and dont have German.

Cheers :-)

I have used Kathleen on 2 occasions now and would definitely use her services again.

She is very professional and efficient, always shows up to the appointment on time and even earlier.

She is very reliable when you email her to book an appointment. She tries her best to accomodate you also and always replies quickly.

Kathleen is not just useful as a translator. She is also very useful because she knows the system here in Germany. She has experienced most of the same things herself when looking for a new life in Germany so it is very settling to have her also there because she knows what to expect.

The cost of Kathleens services are also very reasonable for the the service she provides.

She is a very professional lady and also very pleasant to speak to when you are waiting to be seen for example at the Burgeramt or Arbeitsamt.

I would recommend her to everyone looking for this kind of service

Valentina Vettini

I recently used Kathleen's services and was very pleased with all aspects of service, which were both professional and friendly. Kathleen is knowledgable, personable and reliable. Translating and interpreting is more than just an exchange of words and phrases to those in another language, it is also about knowing the cultures involved and how situations, ideas and needs may be explained in the most beneficial way for the client, and I strongly felt this during our appointment.

Pricing for services is very competitive and well-worth whatever options you choose, compared to other similar places. What I particularly noted, as I also use other ex-pat and German services and individuals for a variety of needs, Kathleen knew some of these and had worked in conjunction with them in a mutually beneficial way regarding references and clients.

Absolutely on my list of recommendations (I've already done so in the week since my appointment), and I look forward to working with Kathleen in the future.

I used Kathleen's services last week - she came with me to the Ausländerbehörde and I'm so glad that I had her there. Not only did it make communicating with the staff much easier, but she knows all the processes and procedures backwards and was able to reassure me that what was going on was normal. I have a shiny new freelancer visa now and if another situation arises where I'm not confident in my ability to negotiate the red tape in Deutsch, I will not hesitate to call on Kathleen again.

I had a great experience with their service.

Professional, on time, and and friendly.

Saved me at the last minute, when I almost had to postpone me visa request meeting in a month.

Highly recommended!

I had a great experience using Kathleen's translation services. She is so nice and helpful. She went with me to the Auländerbehörde for a residence permit. She is very knowledgeable and was able to help me with my questions. She communicated well between me and the Auländerbehörde employee. She is very reliable and responsive to emails. I would highly recommend Kathleen for all translation needs. I would definitely call on her if I need translation services again.

If you are looking for peace of mind, insider knowledge and are serious about your arrival to Germany then Red Tape is your partner. I worked with Kathleen and found the experience informative, reassuring, worth the competitive investment and have a freelance visa to prove it. Don't get trapped by others who are looking to make a quick buck, Kathleen and her team are the real deal. Good luck and welcome to Germany!

We had to use Kathleen's services at the JobCenter and she was wonderful. We were very nervous going in with a complex issue and she was great, asking all the questions we had, and explaining everything to us with such patience and clarify.

When you’re drowning in German bureaucracy (which I was about to), Kathleen is really a breath of fresh air…. She is very flexible when setting appointments, knows a lot about the system, is reliable and extremely prompt in answering whatever questions one might have. On a personal note, she’s friendly and easy going – quite important qualities when you’re slightly panicking because you have no idea what people around you are talking about…

Not only is Kathleen great, she has great little helpers too!! I needed someone to translate for me on very short notice, and even though Kathleen was unable to come herself, she found someone else!

Very highly recommended!

I just wrote a review for Red Tape Translation on Yelp, but I wanted to add the review to Toytown as well since I find this forum helpful as an expat resource:

I’m not sure what we would have done without the help of Kathleen and Red Tape Translation.

This past month, my boyfriend and I rented an apartment in Berlin for the first time, and we enlisted the services of Red Tape Translation to help translate our 15-page, densely-written rental contract. And we needed the job done in 2.5 days. Kathleen responded to our request quickly, and we were lucky that they were able to fit us in on such short notice. Her team was incredible. We received the translated contract ahead of schedule, and the price was very reasonable for the job.

They did such phenomenal work that we enlisted their help again for a lease signing appointment the following week. We had a number of questions for our property manager who only spoke German. Kathleen came with us on short notice and made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. I’m pretty sure our property manager had never received so many questions from a potential tenant, but Kathleen was patient in going through each one and making sure both parties were understood.

During that appointment, we learned that we had to attend an “apartment handover protocol” the following day in order to get keys to the apartment. This procedure involved walking through the apartment with the property manager and pointing out defects to prevent getting docked on our security deposit. On the spot, we hired Kathleen again to come with and help facilitate communication. She was also an extra pair of eyes in pointing out defects.

Not only were the translation services top-notch (both document translation and in-person appointment help), but there was the added benefit of Kathleen’s own experience. Her knowledge of the German system and the various processes required to do just about anything in Berlin, especially as an expat, was so helpful. And she’s just a lovely person to chat with.

I can’t express enough how grateful we are for Kathleen’s help. We’d hire Red Tape Translation again in the heartbeat and highly recommend their services to anyone.

15-page, densely-written rental contract

Can I ask what it cost, 15 pages of German would be seriously expensive, several hundred Euros or more. I got a quote from someone for 7 pages of notes from our owners meeting I was quoted 180€ discounted from the regular rate of 350€

We needed a translator for a wedding and after contacting 30 plus translators and getting no replies, it was nice to get a quick response. Their costs were very reasonably and they provided an experienced translator, I would happily recommend them.