English Speaking Jobs in Nuremberg

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm sure this topic has been discussed and answered before, however I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for finding work in Nuremberg?

I'm currently looking for work to enable me to join my boyfriend who is currently living in Nuremberg and working for Adidas. I have been in contact with Adidas, but as of yet this avenue has been fruitless and don't wish to put all my eggs in one basket :)

In addition, I check The Local website, and I'm currently studying for a TEFL qualification to hopefully give me more options.

I'm 29 and work as a Financial adviser in London at present, but due to my lack of German language skills, the financial sector appears to be closed to me in Germany.

My major priority is to get over to Germany; get some type of job to pay the basics and in the meantime learn German. I am currently having tuition but I'm still at a very basic level.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I will be in Nuremberg for the first week of October and hope to progress my search then.

Look forward to any words of wisdom!!!

I would say, try the Nuremberg Messe for a start as I've called them a month earlier and they told me to send my resume over as they hire part time English speakers for the Exhibition! I forgot the name of the lady I've talked to but when you look at their website, it's there.

As for financial sector, sorry no clue where to look for. Some one will respond to you with better info ...

I would say, try the Nuremberg Messe for a start as I've called them a month earlier and they told me to send my resume over as they hire part time English speakers for the Exhibition! I forgot the name of the lady I've talked to but when you look at their website, it's there.As for financial sector, sorry no clue where to look for. Some one will respond to you with better info ...

They do not technically hire you. They give you a mini 3 day contract or so. Basically if there is a fair and they need hosts and hostesses, their subsidiary which runs that sort of stuff contacts you and offers you work for that fair. It usually involves about 10hr days or less, lots of standing around and helping out. You get paid and that's about it.

You deal with taxes yourself, and there is no health coverage involved no social benefits etc... It is basically a freelance job.

OP if you are still interested in this. Send me a PM and I can personally take your CV to the person in charge of this.

You might want to take a look at jobs in Munich, and eventually for starters use the ICE to commute daily...

Hey Medic82. Im keen on this kind of work. Could I forward my resume to yourself? I speak Chinese and English and some German. Which email address should I forward my CV to?

Hi i have lived in Nuremberg already for more than two years now im in the US would like to go back to live to Germany so im close to my son. My German is at a A2 level close to B1 looking for a job in Nuremberg or around it maybe even Munich if someone has information please let me know.

AlexPR is a non-EU national, which means he will not be able to get a work permit for unskilled jobs. Unless he has specific skills that are in demand on the job market (for example engineering or IT), finding work for which he can get a work permit will be pretty much impossible.

@ AlexPR: It would help if you gave some information on your skills. Also, do you by any chance have a second (EU) passport?

EDIT: Overlooked the bit about you wanting to return to be closer to your son. Not sure whether that will have any effect on your chance of getting a residence permit - perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in and clarify.

As the parent of a minor unmarried German child, AlexPR can easily obtain an open work permit for Germany. If he willing to do manual labour (and can follow simple directions in German), he could probably find an unskilled position with one of the temp agencies.

Thanks for the post for more information i have a bachelor Degree in Marketing in a lot of experience in Sales and in the Travel Industry. In fact i did work before i left Germany in Production in a Company where they make Sausages i left the job was't comfortable what i was doing. I was looking for something where i could even talk to people and step by step improved my German short after i left Germany due to lot's of reasons. Because i have a son in Germany i have to problem getting a work permit there.