Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonic booms from Eurofighter aircraft testing

376 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure it was a sonic boom. The air forces are allowed to break the sound barrier only at certain times. Last week (in Odelzhausen - direct in the flight path) we had 3 of them. They scare the shit out of you because they are completely unexpected - you don't hear the jet until after the boom.

Eurofighter often do supersonic testing north of Munich - sometimes their navigation is a bit out :)

Except for international exercises I don't think the US planes have any common flight path this far over...

YL6

Correct. It was a Fighter Jet breaking the sound barrier. Used to get it a lot in Augsburg.

Another fine and a warning for the Luftwaffe no doubt...

Update by admin: Sonic Booms over Munich

Yep. Sonic boom.

I am alright now... I have clean Boxer shorts on.

The van shook so badly, I thought that someone had run into me.

G

It was loud and shook the house here in Bobingen near Augsburg. I had to run and check on my kids. I thought they had blown something up!

That would make it probably two separate booms then-sonic or otherwise. What I heard hear was not so loud.

I used to live north of Augsburg for about two years (just after 9/11). We had fighter jets flying over every day and were annoyingly loud, but never heard a single sonic boom. The last confirmed sonic boom that I heard would have been when I was in the Navy and stationed at a Naval Air Station.

They are blowing things up again. Definitely not a sonic boom as the pressure just changed from the wave.

There was a double blast today near Augsburg, not a sonic boom. I wonder what is being blown up.

Did anyone hear a loud bang at about 10:11 (4 mins ago)? Our whole building just shook and we cannot decide if it was local to the building or a bigger more general "outside" bang.

There was a similar but less intense one yesterday.

Just heard one here a few minutes ago. Siemenswerke (south part of Munich)

i heard it in Maillingerstr. thought it was thunder at first but then thought some road work was going on. NO clue what it is.