Mothers/Fathers Daytime Meetup

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a four month old daughter and I was wondering if there are any other mothers or fathers with small children (especially babies) who might want to meetup during the day for coffee and baby/children socializing. I haven't met too many other expats with children since I had my daughter.

I would like to meet somewhere central like the Europa Passage downtown because it has changing rooms and a Starbucks. Also I drive and there is parking nearby. However, the venue isn't that important. The time and day is also flexible as long as it is in the afternoon during the week. If anyone else is interested let me know!

Cheers,

Sara

Hi Sara

Well, you don't seem to have had much luck in this post nor in your previous at making contact.

Malente is slap bang in the middle of nowhere, sort of.

You might want to try getting in contact with these people in Kiel, which is way closer to you than Hamburg. --> http://www.toytownge...howtopic=260517

Maybe you can also try some of the people who posted on this Hamburg thread, who are also available during the daytime. --> http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259671

Problem is that many people are going to be working during the day but I'm sure there was a 'Hamburg ladies with little kids' group meeting up some place during the day.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm in Hamburg more than Kiel because I go to the library. I used to live there before I moved to Malente. It's so easy to meet people when you go to the bar and have a drink in the evening but with a four month old I can't really do that. All the expats I know are single and childless, but surely there must be some family people out there :)

Although there seems to be very little interest in a meetup for parents I am still creating one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100527696770366/

Please join if you are interested in meeting parents in the Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein area!

If I was a stay-at-home mother with a young child I'd join you gladly but I'm not. They do indeed seem to be a rarity in these parts whereas old expat duffers with failed marriages and teenage or grown-up kids like me are a dime a dozen here. Bon chance.

Hi Sara

I live close to the Euro passage, working at home, my children are at the school during the week day. So it's possible for me to have a coffee with you in the morning.

I have to go to my office next week but will be back to Hamburg the week after. Let me know the date and I will try to make it.

Cheers

If I was a stay-at-home mother with a young child I'd join you gladly but I'm not. They do indeed seem to be a rarity in these parts whereas old expat duffers with failed marriages and teenage or grown-up kids like me are a dime a dozen here. Bon chance.

No Wonder!

My husband and I decided to get this flat in Klein Flottbek and we though it is a good place to meet expats with kids, it's been 4 months now, never meet anybody, and the parents at my son's kindergarten is quite weird, and stand-offish.

I think what we need was just to spread the news about this, We should probably post this at internations also?

Hi Sara,

I would like to meet you, just set a date, my 4 year old son goes to school in the morning so afternoon will be great.

Next week will not be okay thou, my son seems to be coming-up with very bad cold-flu today and we are going to the doc.

If you also need some good english speaking doctors drop my a message we got one.

Looking forward to meet you soon.

Hi guys,

thank you all for your replies! Does the 24th of September work for anyone? My parents are visiting for two week from the 25th until the 10th and we'll be out of town during that time.

If it's not too much trouble please spread around the link. The group is open, anyone can join. As soon as I get enough members I'll start posting meetups and encouraging others to plan meetups as well.

German parents can be a little standoffish and I'd love to meetup with some expat parents! :)

Cheers,

Sara

Hi guys,

thank you all for your replies! Does the 24th of September work for anyone? My parents are visiting for two week from the 25th until the 10th and we'll be out of town during that time.

If it's not too much trouble please spread around the link. The group is open, anyone can join. As soon as I get enough members I'll start posting meetups and encouraging others to plan meetups as well.

German parents can be a little standoffish and I'd love to meetup with some expat parents!

Cheers,

Sara

Sara

See you soon can't wait to meet your little one :)

Berns

Hi guys,

German parents can be a little standoffish and I'd love to meetup with some expat parents! :)

Cheers,

Sara

Did this group ever get going? And if so, does it still exist????