250 kg bomb found under Schwabinger 7

348 posts in this topic

According to that same live ticker they're planning to increase the safety zone to 1 km.

People won't be evacuated, but they won't be allowed to leave home. This'll be interesting.

13.23 Uhr: Johann Petrishak von der Münchner Feuerwehr sagt, kurz vor der Entschärfung der Bombe wird die Schutzzone auf 1000 Meter erweitert. Das bedeutet: U-Bahnen fahren gar nicht, Verkehrssperrung, Durchsagen. Leute werden aber nicht evakuiert, sondern dürfen nur ihre Häuser nicht verlassen.

post-16-13461540043854.png

The U-Bahn will be halted for the duration, according to the ticker. Find an alternate route home, dwellers of the north.

Passing by the ghost station Münchner Freiheit this morning was spooky enough.

I was so engrossed in my iPhone that I didn't even notice MF was empty...did the train even stop?

Nope, no stops, and the platform was roped off as well. It's like the Ten Little Indians - first Königsplatz, now Münchner Freiheit. Who's next?

worst news yet:

Gas, Wasser und Strom wurden in Schwabing abgestellt.

My fucking alarm clock will need to be reset when I get home.

EDIT: defusing pushed back to 5 pm.

not sure this is the best way, but take the u3/u6 to sendlinger tor. Then get on the 27 tram to schelling strasse and hoof it from there. Depending on what time you are there, you might see me. If you see an ugly git around 4:30 - 4:45 with a black t-shirt with a big old white nike sign on front, blue jeans and sneakers, that's me.

In that case, Josephsplatz would be closer

Oh shit. I'm thinking of alter Nordfriedhof, through which I walk every day. Sorry about the confusion.

Also, did they turn off the water and power in all of schwabing, or just schwabing east?

Jeez the 27 must be packed at that hour and add possible "detourist" as well. Keep your head....

did they turn off the water and power in all of schwabing?

Water and power still flowing in Unertlstrasse (near Bonner Platz).

I think it's just the immediate area, like up to two or three buildings away.

Thanks for the info, ed bob. You're farther east than me, so assumedly I won't have to sit in the dark tonight. :)

Edit: thanks to sueinschwabing, as well.