30- 40 something women meetup

233 posts in this topic

Hiya girlies!

I started Girl Gone International in Hamburg for the very same reason - new in the city and needed to get me some friends pronto!- I have now left HH but the group continues on. The majority of girls that have been attending in the last 6 months are newbies in Hamburg. We have at least one main girls night for 'speed friending' = having a few drinks and chat :)

We have about 1000 girls in the group and at the events there are between 12 and 40, totally depends. We also have much larger ones a couple of times per year for International Women's Day for example attracting over 100. Girls tend to pop in and out of the group- come, meet one or two others that you really get on with and then go off and do their own thing. Then maybe pop back in again a few months later on their own or with their group of now friends just to support the group and welcome any newbies, expand their own circle, network etc.

The point being, you can come along to one of our events or you can use our network to promote your own thing too.

I am more than happy to support any initiative or venture or event which makes international girls like us enjoy our HH experience to the full and connects us all up. Just send me an email to :

anne at girlgoneinternational.com

You can also offer to co-host an event. Merret Thomson is now organising the group and loves to get help with this. Michelle N. you should totally do this ;)

You can find us here :

we have a temporary website here : http://www.girlgoneinternational-hamburg.com

http://www.meetup.com/GGI-Hamburg/

or https://www.facebook.com/groups/girlgoneinternationalhh/

or https://www.facebook.com/GirlGoneInternational?ref=ts&fref=ts

Any questions just give me a shout!

Love from Amsterdam - the city with NO Christmas markets :( So go drink some Gluewein for me...

Anne

So see you all on Friday 7th December at 7pm at the Gänsemarkt Christmas market, then, looking forward to this!!

If any of you need my number in case you're running late, pm me and I shall send it on :)

God we picked the coldest night to meet up, but thanks to all you showed up was great meeting you all. As discussed lets meet for brunch next Sunday 16th December at 12 noon at La Paz

Address: Heußweg 49, 20255 Hamburg

Phone: 040 409857

Nearest station: Osterstraße

Its 9 euros net for brunch including tea and coffee, let me know who will be attending as I need to book a table as this place is usually fully booked every Sunday.

See you all soon :)

I am going to pass on this one, just because i am out for my birthday on Saturday night and might be a little fragile on Sunday. Looking forward to the next meet up :-)

I don't see much interest and I've come down with the flu so I'm going to cancel brunch on Sunday, lets do something after Christmas in January maybe.

If anyone has any ideas on a meetup, stick it here and hopefully we could all meet up again.

Have a Happy Christmas and an awesome New Year!!

Hi,

I'm out in Halle for work reasons, so I will only be able to join back up some time next year...

Happy new year!

Hi, have you found yourself a new friend already? mind to have another one maybe? :D

Have just seen your post, and i felt the same desire...

I am 33, from China, work and lived here for 5 years now. would love to meet more new friends, exchange life ideas and sharing interest things

regards

yali

Hey there, would anyone be interested in going ice skating? Or we could try for brunch again.

Hi Girls,

I just arrived in Hamburg and would love to know if you girls are still meeting up . Or if anyone else is interested in meeting up soon. I'm currently in Norderstedt however i'm moving to Ottensen at the beginning of Feb. PM me if you would like to meet

x

Monique

shall we do brunch ladies. If Michelle can book the same place she suggested for last time it would be great. I could make myself free for this sunday..

Cheers

Chamini

I'd be up for brunch, if it doesn't work out this Sunday the next would be fine for me too!

Claire

I am happy to book based on people letting me know if they are attending, so put down your names, and lets take it from there.

I can do Sunday this week or next even.

Can we do this next Sunday 20th Jan so we can get more of us together? I will book a table. Let me know.