BVG is entrapping tourists with 40 euro fines

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I am a BVG employee and I absolutely confirm that we target British women only. We are not allowed to check other nationality because of Brexit.

We are instructed to ask how do you drink your tea. If you say "with milk", it's 60 euro fine on spot. Be careful and say you drink black tea, or say you drink coffee.

Dear yourkeau...you are so young..you just don´t understand the world.:)

Let me give you an example: I was me or yourkeau and walking to Guatemalan border ( I have left out the definite article for your personal linguistic reasons!! )...1973. Sunny day and , my God, I was young and there was nobody there..so I walked on...rucksack on back... and I came across a café and it turned out the lazy border guards from Guatemala were in there... " hey gringo "..so the fuckers made me walk back to the border of Mexico ( hmm, was it? )..and at some stage a guy made me pay him a dollar to let me back into Guatemala.#Nice one ..little Napoleons..little jobworthies..they are everywhere. Taking advantage of innocence.

It´s what little Napoleons do -or your next door neighbour if an arsehole - take advantage of innocence..

Ah,  john g. I do understand the world, more than I would like to.

Germany is so simple: there is a written rule, you follow it, you're fine. You don't follow, you're fucked.

Those who have a problem with that should probably stay at their village.

It's different in those corrupt countries: there are rules. Sometimes enforced, sometimes not. Sometimes they will be enforced only for you unless you pay the bribe etc... Too complicated.

There are also certain methods to avoid paying a bribe. I don't have such skills, but some of my friends do. To exercise pressure and convince the asshole they you're trouble for them, they should let you go.

7 hours ago, yourkeau said:

We are instructed to ask how do you drink your tea. If you say "with milk", it's 60 euro fine on spot. 

And if you put the milk in first the fine increases to 500.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Spudbury said:

And if you put the milk in first the fine increases to 500.

Nonsense, the Brits do put milk into their hot water. Haven´t you read "Asterix bei den Briten"? It´s documented there.

I'm going to do that terrible thing where I post in a dead thread, but this forum seems slow-moving so I guess it doesn't matter that much. ;)

I think "Schwarzfahren" should be punished in the majority of cases, with very few exceptions. But I do think the BVG shouldn't allow their ticket controllers to behave like gangsters. The very first time I came into contact with BVG controllers when I saw two muscled men shouting at a woman on a train platform and the entire situation looked very intimidating. The poor woman seemed very scared. A friend of mine came to Berlin near the end of last year and her sister gave her some kind of travel ticket she gets at work, but apparently it wasn't transferable and she got pulled off the train by ticket controllers. It wasn't an unfair ticket, but they treated her so poorly that she ended up in tears and she had to call her sister to help her out. 

When BVG employees harass a 19yo girl to the point of tears, it doesn't look good for BVG at all. They need to start giving their controllers uniforms and need to set a code of conduct that they need to follow. If the rumours of commission based on fines are true, that needs to stop as well. 

6 minutes ago, Zoopy said:

They need to start giving their controllers uniforms

No they don't because then all the thousands of freeloaders will just avoid them.

I'm not referring to your friend's sister.