BVG is entrapping tourists with 40 euro fines

89 posts in this topic

HI Brendan,

They are distrubed.. it is not normal to be undecover. in the rest of the world, they wear uniforms. I only hope that any german tourist to UK who makes a mistake is treated like a dangerous cirminal .

maybe they should install machines at the Ubahn.

why should I pay when they let drug addicts and homeless people travel for free?

anyway, for the pleansure of the ticket and paying, you can be subjected to the stench of death that permeatese the Underground air.

they are racist, unprofessional and target women on their own.

they act in a deliberate dishonest fashion.

entrapping, yes.

machinew as out of order. they were sitting there watching. despite seeing she was trying to work it out and had money in her hand and that others told her to leave it as it was not working, no one came up to her to tell her that there is another machine and that this was working. in Uk they would have had an obligation to tell her that.

that is deceptive.

Just now, El Jeffo said:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

It is only Tuesday?  Though perhaps poster needs help?  Is there a medical term for someone outraged about being fined for not having a ticket?  What would be the latin terminology?  With a German English Google twist I guess "nequeenimaliquiddepoenasolventitis"

12 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

Is there a medical term for someone outraged about being fined for not having a ticket?

DamohscheisseIgotcaughtanditsnotmyfaultitis

1 hour ago, fantasticPA said:

I only hope that any german tourist to UK who makes a mistake is treated like a dangerous cirminal .

No, problem, man. When I come to UK I sleep in your bed. For free. I did a mistake and slept in your bed instead of my hotel room. No problem, right? 

On 9/11/2012, 1:18:04, Uncle Nick said:

Gosh that's cheap, AFAIK smoking on the bus in London can still cost up to £1000

1000 Pounds Fine for Smoking on the bus

:P:(Oh, dear Uncle Nick, forgive me for quoting you as you are no longer with us here in Greece or on Toytown but as you have a quirky sense of humour, please allow me to tell you something I remember after the Kings Cross Tube fire in the 1980s when smoking was immediately banned on the London Underground. I remember that evening.

A couple of days or weeks  later, I was on the Tube in London again and I remember a Rastafarian smoking a joint in the carriage, air full of smoke ( I tried to be a passive smoker during the journey!!)..and an old lady opposite him reprimanded him for smoking! Little did she know what  the man was smoking!!!

26 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

No, problem, man. When I come to UK I sleep in your bed. For free. I did a mistake and slept in your bed instead of my hotel room. No problem, right? 

On 9/11/2012, 1:18:04, Uncle Nick said:

Gosh that's cheap, AFAIK smoking on the bus in London can still cost up to £1000

1000 Pounds Fine for Smoking on the bus

:P:(Oh, dear Uncle Nick, forgive me for quoting you as you are no longer with us here in Greece or on Toytown but as you have a quirky sense of humour, please allow me to tell you something I remember after the Kings Cross Tube fire in the 1980s when smoking was immediately banned on the London Underground. I remember that evening.

A couple of days or weeks  later, I was on the Tube in London again and I remember a Rastafarian smoking a joint in the carriage, air full of smoke ( I tried to be a passive smoker during the journey!!)..and an old lady opposite you reprimanded you for smoking! Little did she know what  the man was smoking!!!

BLOODY QUOTE SYSTEM,,,

Dear yourkeau: some free help here..NOT " I DID a mistake  "

https://www.espressoenglish.net/difference-between-do-and-make-60-collocations/

4 hours ago, fantasticPA said:

HI Brendan,

They are distrubed.. it is not normal to be undecover. in the rest of the world, they wear uniforms. I only hope that any german tourist to UK who makes a mistake is treated like a dangerous cirminal .

maybe they should install machines at the Ubahn.

why should I pay when they let drug addicts and homeless people travel for free?

anyway, for the pleansure of the ticket and paying, you can be subjected to the stench of death that permeatese the Underground air.

they are racist, unprofessional and target women on their own.

they act in a deliberate dishonest fashion.

You do know that you are quoting and replying to a person who hasn't been on Toytown in 6 yrs. right. I understand he is your kindred spirit but don't expect a reply.

I am always shocked to read the draconian response from some as if this is the worst crime that could be committed. 

there are a miliion reasons why someone may end up with a ticket ...that someone was intenitonally evading a ticket purchase is a tiny tiny percentage i am sure. 

However this is my take on it... having seen controllers in london be reasonable to tourists, can london controllers start fining germans without willing to ilsten to them at all and be reasonablel.. in partuclar  women.. I say this as it seems that foreigners, and especially women or deemed English tourists are targeted, esp if they are on their own. 

Secondly, what is with this cloak and dagger secret style? why do they not wtf wear uniforms? what is with all this , cat and mouse game ? it is not normal and quite franikly I find it disturbing. 

So, I want to tell the group about two incidents I know of. :

a woman , english, was on the tram alone, it was about 2.30 am and was going back to her hostell.. she was eating chips... 

she was not drunk, 

the BVG driver stopped the tram, called the police, she was handcuffed immediately and pushed up against a police car, outside her hostel so obvious it was done to humiliate her... the tram driver lied and said she had thrown chips around, she told the police to go onto the tram and look for themselves, they did not and then let her go. so the driver lied. this is clearly a matter of mysognist behaviour, abuse against women. outrageous... yes, there is the chip sign on the door... ... I am sure that cuffing her was warranted and humiliating her outside her hostel. 

2. incident. 

a friend informs me she embarked at weinmeister in berlin. the machine was faulty. it took about a minute or to so to  work this out as there was no sign and at first thought it was just the coins. two women sitting there, said, just get off at the next stop and buy a ticket. it was a minute later that she was already at the next stop at the ubahng and wanted to get off to buy her day pass. suddenly she is blocked by two controllers. they nab her and the two women get off the tram as witnesses. 

there was no intention to not to pay. she did not know about the other machine. no one said this to her. 

if this had been int he uk, they would have come to her and told her that there was a machine out of order, and that there was another one they could use to buy a ticket. but oh, no, they sat there watching, waiting. knowing full well the machine did not work. even if she had walked to the other machine had she thought of it they would have then blocked her ofcourse. 

what was worse , is that once off the tram the controler was abusive to her and intimidated her witnesses so they became frightened and wanted to leave. he then continued to be abusive to her and to talk to her when she did not wish to , and was happy to wait for the police tocome. she did not have her passport on her, as 1) it is not compulsory in germany, despite people saying it is 2) the level of passport theft in berlin is horrific, no one carries their passport iwth them in the uk it is too valuable and the risk too great... but what is really the limit, is that the controller lied to the police and said she had been abusive to him. this is a total lie. the police then allowed him to make an allegation against her and she was not allowed to. she has evidence on her mb and from another witness... she has written to the bvg and will not pay this and is livid. this kind of conduct is not acceptable and must stop. the controller then further threatened her if she uploaded the video and made it public. 

Entrapment. 

exactly. 

The conduct of these people, is disturbing and I GENUINELY THINK THEY ARE SUFFERING FROM SOME MENTAL ILLNESS. it is not normal and their bullyish behaviour is not normal as is the police who allow it. In addiiton, wtf do they not wear uniforms... surely the days of acting like spies is over. ? grow up BVG , 

Please can someone get in touch with a journalist in the UK and expose this. shaming them is the only way. 

By the way one of the worst incidents I had personally was years ago when I came here for the visit visit. I had a day card. 

I could not find it at first so was told to get off. I did and then found it and handed it to a woman, controller, do you know what she did. this was at stadmitte. she took it out of my hand and tore it up and then ran away ... sorry but these people are either on drugs or are deeply disturbed. 

she had to buy aother ticket and was given a penalty. the same woman, she saw some time later and she had changed her hair colour . I think she does this a lot and this is why they have such weird hair colour. 

6 minutes ago, EagleLady said:

(loads of mimimi)

I suggest we all write to the transport minister, 

please all do it. 

Ehm – no. Let's all write to the Bonn Gesundheitsamt, "I THINK" YOU "ARE SUFFERING FROM SOME MENTAL ILLNESS" and need help. 

:PBloody hell, someonesdaughter...I actually agree with you on a social issue!!

EagleLady: you are suffering from paranoia and need help, really.

15 minutes ago, EagleLady said:

Entrapment. 

exactly. 

The conduct of these people, is disturbing and I GENUINELY THINK THEY ARE SUFFERING FROM SOME MENTAL ILLNESS. it is not normal and their bullyish behaviour is not normal as is the police who allow it. In addiiton, wtf do they not wear uniforms... surely the days of acting like spies is over. ? grow up BVG , 

Please can someone get in touch with a journalist in the UK and expose this. shaming them is the only way. 

You yourself sound like a journalist from the Daily Express!!! So you must have the right contacts!!!:D

I am a BVG employee and I absolutely confirm that we target British women only. We are not allowed to check other nationality because of Brexit.

We are instructed to ask how do you drink your tea. If you say "with milk", it's 60 euro fine on spot. Be careful and say you drink black tea, or say you drink coffee.

48 minutes ago, EagleLady said:

I suggest we all write to the transport minister, 

please all do it. 

Can´t remember his or her name offhand....

54 minutes ago, dessa_dangerous said:

oh boy.

Wednesday is the new Friday.. Note it on your BVG ticket