BVG is entrapping tourists with 40 euro fines

89 posts in this topic

"BVG is entrapping tourists"

No, it's not.

And if we count all the times people have passed themselves off as poor tourists who didn't speak the language to avoid a fine, I'm pretty sure we'll conclude that BVG is not making that much money with inattentive tourists.

And if you do have to pay the fine, well a knowledge useful in many European countries (in some where there are no English translation) will have cost you 40 euros.

buying the PI is basically the same as buying a lakeside estate in Mercer Island and joining up with Border Control. Happy reading, Republican.

also: The Stranger > Seattle Weakly

Its a newspaper?

The Rocket > The Stranger.

Yeah I said the Rocket ,I wasnt no passing tourist.

The Rocket = born and raised in Seattle, and only moved to Portland in the 90s to be trendy (like all the rest of the hipsters)

In 1991, The Rocket introduced its Portland, Oregon edition, which generally simply mirrored the Seattle-version, with only the concert listing pages offering different contents.

source

What makes me laugh is it's only 15 euro fine for smoking but 40 for no ticket so not having a ticket is a bigger crime than smoking on the tube that could cause a fire and kill people (king's cross station)

Time to start a new thread?

in any other case you'd be right, but we usually reserve keeping topics on topic that weren't trolling nonsense in the first place. OP hasn't been back since his first post.

I do find it odd that you get find 40€ for not having a valid^...BUT if you're caught smoking in the train, it only costs you 15€

Theft of services vs. simply obnoxious, anti-social behaviour. Since cigarette smoke is proven dangerous to health the fines for smoking are sure to rise, but until that offense gets listed as public endangerment, the service threft will remain the higher cost. Come to think of it, it's been about 10 years since the last Schwarzfahren fine increase; a bump to €50 should be coming pretty soon.

woof.

Hey, I got a fine the other day but the print on the ticket is all faded so I can't see how to pay it. Does anyone know how I do this? And it's 2 weeks to pay it right??

Just go to your local BVG office. Alex, Zoo etc. They'll be more than happy to take your money

...BUT if you're caught smoking in the train, it only costs you 15€,

Gosh that's cheap, AFAIK smoking on the bus in London can still cost up to £1000

1000 Pounds Fine for Smoking on the bus

Hehe the hector is coming but he wont catch me...

Just buy a Kurzstrecke (1,40 €) ticket all the time, in case refuse to speak german, mumble in a strong accent-will do the job!

Or buy a Monatsticket once and forever, put it in your purse(tucked behind mesh or dirty plastic) and show it to them with a neutral face,

of course this works best in office dress or square clothes, not in sunday morning postparty loox!

Just keep in mind that most people in Berlin jails are in it because they faredodged too often and refused to pay...

tells a lot about the city and its energy level...

Gosh that's cheap, AFAIK smoking on the bus in London can still cost up to £1000

1000 Pounds Fine for Smoking on the bus

And for pickpocketing a gentleman's silk handkerchief, the penalty is incarceration in a prison hulk and transportation to the colonies.

That picture is interesting. Just above the sign warning of a £1000 fine for smoking, there's another sign warning of the penalty for not having a valid ticket: £5 !!

Subway operators in general and Transport for London in particular have some good reasons for such extreme fines. Just do a Google search for "King's Cross Fire".

And for pickpocketing a gentleman's silk handkerchief, the penalty is incarceration in a prison hulk and transportation to the colonies.

That picture is interesting. Just above the sign warning of a £1000 fine for smoking, there's another sign warning of the penalty for not having a valid ticket: £5 !!

My point exactly.

What makes me laugh is it's only 15 euro fine for smoking but 40 for no ticket so not having a ticket is a bigger crime than smoking on the tube that could cause a fire and kill people (king's cross station)

Why would you down arrow a fact. knob trolls :-)

On 24.8.2012, 11:26:10, brendanberlinvisitor said:

Hello everyone who has had an encounter with Berlin's BVG squeeze money collecting agents - the undercover inspectors.

Like many people who visit Berlin I have bought Strassenbahn and bus tickets which reasonably are validated when they are printed. The S-Bahn seems somewhat different and within two minutes of buying a ticket I had a 40 euro fine.

Now, I do not read so well if there is fine print of font size 8 on a rainy dark Berlin day, so I had no way to know that the S-Bahn is different to any other ticket automat around the world which prints out date and time. Actually, the date and time IS PRINTED on the S-Bahn ticket.

So why the fine?

Clear ENTRAPMENT. It is time BVG took off the "validate your ticket" fine print and owned up to their misconduct.

I am contacting TV stations around Berlin now (24th Aug 2012) and I would encourage other people who have had this experience OR KNOW OF SOMEONE who has had this experience to either add their support here or else please leave a brief support email with redaktion@tvb.de . This is the local TV Berlin station who run many local public interest stories.

Thanks for any and all support here to help change what is otherwise a great city and public transport system. PLEASE HELP EXPOSE THE THUGS who control it.

Brendan

On 24.8.2012, 11:26:10, brendanberlinvisitor said:

Hello everyone who has had an encounter with Berlin's BVG squeeze money collecting agents - the undercover inspectors.

Like many people who visit Berlin I have bought Strassenbahn and bus tickets which reasonably are validated when they are printed. The S-Bahn seems somewhat different and within two minutes of buying a ticket I had a 40 euro fine.

Now, I do not read so well if there is fine print of font size 8 on a rainy dark Berlin day, so I had no way to know that the S-Bahn is different to any other ticket automat around the world which prints out date and time. Actually, the date and time IS PRINTED on the S-Bahn ticket.

So why the fine?

Clear ENTRAPMENT. It is time BVG took off the "validate your ticket" fine print and owned up to their misconduct.

I am contacting TV stations around Berlin now (24th Aug 2012) and I would encourage other people who have had this experience OR KNOW OF SOMEONE who has had this experience to either add their support here or else please leave a brief support email with redaktion@tvb.de . This is the local TV Berlin station who run many local public interest stories.

Thanks for any and all support here to help change what is otherwise a great city and public transport system. PLEASE HELP EXPOSE THE THUGS who control it.

Brendan