Name change publication

31 posts in this topic

it reminds of the German word Hure, which means whore. The pronounciation might be completely different, though. But in writing the first association a German speaker would have would be Hure.

thats justified my job :D i am software whore :D

Or for the more educated Germans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houri

In Islam, the hūr or hūrīyah (Arabic: ﺣﻮرﯾﺔ) are commonly translated as "(splendid) companions of equal age (well-matched)", "lovely eyed", of "modest gaze", "pure beings" or "companions pure" of paradise, denoting humans and jinn who enter paradise after being recreated anew in the hereafter.

Shades of 1001 Nights

that's really cool

thanks to all for replies.

I booked anzeigen in sud deutsches newspaper. it will come on 3rd sep 2012 :D

thanks to all :D

The OP mentioned he has no last name in his passport which you need to show during the "Anmeldung". The clerk will definetely ask questions here since this is uncommon. I can also see some problems when you open e.g. a bank account where you need an ID as well.

I don't have a birth place in my passport, which is also a source of problems. In this case I just tell the clerks where I was born and they believe me. That's it.

Different countries have different information in their ID documents, but it doesn't mean your passport need to have everything the locals have. The Polish have father's and mother's name, for example, the Spanish have two surnames, the Latvians have surnames which have male and female endings and all non-Latvian surnames drives them nuts. World is different, the Russians have patronymic which is neither name neither surname but is a necessary part of a full name.

I would prefer with Huria as it's my family name... somehow i have opportunity to correct mistake done by my grandfather.

Kumar is not a family name. it denote Hindu religion in some parts of India. In some parts, they use father name as middle name instead of Kumar.

That's actually a discovery for me. I worked with two people with last name Kumar and they were not brothers. I thought, that this surname is very common in India, like German Schwarz. And now I learn this is not a surname. Well, then I know two people who live without surname in Germany and feel fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumar

According to this it can be a last name, it seems to be kind of a title and as such it is quite common. It seems to have been used in the same way as Esq. was used to address people and became a part of the name eventually.

I like the Islandic naming convetions. Your last name is simply (name of your mom)-dottir if you are female and (name of your dad)-son.

I was also in a similar situation, had to publish my new name in German newspaper, so I went to “Süddeutschland Zeitung” in Munich at this address “Süddeutsche Zeitung Tickets, Fürstenfelder Str. 7, 80331 München” and they charged 22Euros for 3 lines Monday morning newspaper and the job done immediately!

@Mithun Josef I am undergoing a similar procedure, could you please send me the format you used? It would just be helpful to post the ad for me as well, thanks in advance!

On 24.8.2012, 23:00:08, rajeshhuria said:

I would prefer with Huria as it's my family name... somehow i have opportunity to correct mistake done by my grandfather.

Kumar is not a family name. it denote Hindu religion in some parts of India. In some parts, they use father name as middle name instead of Kumar.

Rajesh, 

Think about your child ina german school. He/She will be bullied until emotional breakdown with that surname. I understand your sentiments ,but think a little far. 

Damn , it's already too late for him😀. What a pity i was not around at that time with my wisdom

10 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

Rajesh, 

Think about your child ina german school. He/She will be bullied until emotional breakdown with that surname. I understand your sentiments ,but think a little far. 

Damn , it's already too late for him😀. What a pity i was not around at that time with my wisdom

Recently a south Indian colleague changed his surname to shorten it up and, in his opinion, make his kid less susceptible to bullying.

Personally I think the new last name will make his kid's life even worst. From a clearly south indian last name, he shortened it and now it "sounds" muslim, although not being muslim... and AFAIK, muslims will have a tougher time.