Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unitymedia Television Box Message

4 posts in this topic

My Unitymedia TV box has a message that says "Please Reboot" and I'm not sure how to fix it. Right now I can't watch any TV. I went to Unitymedia's website and reactivated my card that is in the box thinking that would help since I haven't used the TV in awhile. It didn't work. I tried calling Unitymedia and have trouble communicating with them since I only know a little German and it is even harder to understand it without seeing their mouth move. They said they would have someone call me back who spoke better English, but that has not happened.

Has anyone else ever gotten this message and know how to fix it? Thanks for all your help!

well, this may sound like Captain Obvious <_< but Reboot can be achieved via a reset button somewhere in the box or by simply disconnecting the bloody thing for a while and reconnecting it again to the power source. I guess that is the first thing Support will tell you. Any bets on that?

There is no reset button and I have tried unplugging it and waiting a bit and then plugging it back in again. Doesn't work. Thanks for trying!

Hum, not quite on the same topic... but close... Why is it necessary to activate again the smart card, if it was activated to begin with? I used to get those messages a while back, didn't do anything about it. Now again and this time, i activated the Smartcard online, waiting to see if it will work?!?!

All of a sudden, when I go to channels I never had an issue with, I can no longer access them. Have a Reference 204 notice, and can't find much about it online. Anyone had the same challenges?