Toni and Guy hairdressers

42 posts in this topic

Hey

I have been looking for an English-speaking hairdressers, and saw the posts about tony and guy at Isartor... just wondered if anyone had the number for it, and how exactly do you get to it.. is it right beside the isartor u-bahn station? And can anyone recommend it or another hairdressers. I need someone who can speak english, because I want quite a drastic change.

:)

Badger was there about a fortnight ago.

Toni & Guy,

Frauenstr. 44, Tel. 089/294898

Maximiliansplatz 12b, Tel. 089/228025

I made the appointment and asked about a particular hairdresser. I was politely informed that she would have a stylist and a technician. None of this hairdresser nonsense for them. I can't say about the individual employees but certainly the person I spoke to on the phone spoke excellent English so at least you'd have a point of contact to explain things to.

Toni & Guy is in the Rieger-City complex. Use the S-Bahn exit which directs you to Tal, when you're at the surface look left and you'll see the street entrance across the road.

There is probably a nearer S-Bahn exit but I know you can actually see the salon from this one.

Address: Frauenstr. 44, tel. 089/294898

another quick question... how much does it usually cost for just a cut...?? Just before I phone and book the appointment.

They'll do a basic wash & blow-dry for about €15 and a cut n' style for about €30. Of course it's probably better that you just ring and ask as the different stylists have different rates depending on their ranking within the salon.

thanks for all the info... will be coming to the next tuesday drinks meet up so see u then if you are going :)

got an appointment booked.. lets hope they are good. Gettign a stylist called Julia?? Anyone had her?

I am getting charged 45 euros though, the guy said there wasn't anything cheaper <_<

well, i have already posted.

hairkiller at Pocci Strasse no. 2 charge less than half of 45 Euros which in my opinion is outrageous.

The guy at hairkiller (dont let the name put you off) name is Sebbi who is a very hip kind of guy and speaks English.

so there you go..

I am not posting this again!!! ;)

well, i have already posted.

hairkiller at Pocci Strasse no. 2 charge less than half of 45 Euros which in my opinion is outrageous.

The guy at hairkiller (dont let the name put you off) name is Sebbi who is a very hip kind of guy and speaks English.

so there you go..

I am not posting this again!!!

That may well be the case, but she didn't ask for suggestions of places to go. She asked specifically for information on Toni & Guy.

Unfortunatly, 45 is the going rate in Munich at almost any salon.

no...not true ..at all

Hey

I have been looking for an English-speaking hairdressers, and saw the posts about tony and guy at Isartor... just wondered if anyone had the number for it, and how exactly do you get to it.. is it right beside the isartor u-bahn station? And can anyone recommend it or another hairdressers. I need someone who can speak english, because I want quite a drastic change.

That may well be the case, but she didn't ask for suggestions of places to go. She asked specifically for information on Toni & Guy.

and in actual fact...she did

Fcuk me I must be getting old. I could have sworn that wasn't in her post earlier. Oh well, wrong again I guess. Sorry.

Glasgow Girl (from another Glasgow Girl) Julia is very good ... €45 for a cut and blowdry ... She speaks good English too and will be looking for hints on visiting God's Country as she's going to Scotland on holiday next year !! Enjoy !! :D

Come on, does anyone get what they ask for. :rolleyes:

The closest I got to satisfaction was when they shaved it all off. :D

Hey

Drastic change it may be...i got half my hair chopped off without asking for it, and it wasn't even one of those cool a-symetric haircuts. certainly a drastic change :angry: i hated Tony and Guy...but i don't remember who the girl was, so it doesn't mean you'll have a bad outcome just 'cause i did. i haaated it, she was so mean, did not let me get a word in, basically told me to be quiet...charged me 50. it took me about 6 months to grow certain layers out, so i could get a new trim...which i did at pony club last week...(i think i already said this before on the other thread, actually there was a ton said on there about T&G)

thank you Persik

as we say back home

straight as an arrow, and as fast as a dye

some more sensible posting from Persik

:)

and a word of warning..hairdressers are either so into layers or their not...

so there is no happy medium...just look at me...rod stewarts long lost sister