Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to stop gum bleeding after a dental operation

14 posts in this topic

Just had two wisdom teeth pulled out about ca. 5 hours before. But the tooth bed has been bleeding till now. Is it a normal experience? Or have I to do something in this situation? Many thanks.

Ouch. If it is still bleeding in the morning, go see your dentist. If it is bleeding now like a stuck pig, go to the emergency dental klinik.

Hmmm . . . I had two out that were severly impacted (growing side-ways) when I was awake. Dentist made such a mess he had to cut the teeth into bits before ripping them out.

Sounded like a tree being ripped from the ground.

And my car was towed away when I got out!!

Second time it was the full insurance job - brilliant maxilo-facial surgeon with hands of a concert pianist.

After the first awful experience I had a lot of bleeding and swelling (unsurprisingly). The bleeding is natural (veins are severed). But watch out for when your pain-killers wear off. I was up lit. every 4 hours the first night.

Really nothing to worry about.

Trink de Bbud, yung Voman (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ha!)

take a black tea bag, wet it and put in the hole area... will reduce bleeding and swelling.

Did he not stitch the area?

Alum can be used to stop bleeding. Bleeding will stop as soon as you put it. Very effective.

Its natural and is also used in Indian dishes. Indian name: Fitkari.

google it for more info.

and yes Carm is right.

Tea bags really work, tastes gross and bitter, but something in them helps form blood clots, just stick them in the sockets. Mine kept bleeding for the rest of the day and even a little the next day so I think it's normal. I had all four taken out while I was awake... not fun, expect to have a rought next few days. I suggest lots of chocolate pudding.

Remove all blood from your body, put in fridge in a Tupperware box. That`ll stop it. :blink:

Reinsert blood next morning; Hey presto: Cured. :blink:

The warm salt water solution only really helps the healing process and does not stop the bleeding.

Did the dentist/oral surgeon not give you extra sponges? Carm is right, do not spit out anything (was what I was told too). You could pop open the stitches.

I had surgery on my jaw last year too and what will help with the pain and swelling you will have probably tomorrow (in addition to drugs) is ice on your jaw.

And my car was towed away when I got out!!
sorry but what a nightmare (its the way you tell 'em)

is this something they're a bit keen on here? Mine are also a bit sideways and I'm told they deffo need to be ripped out. Can hardly wait.

Second time it was the full insurance job

aren't wisdom teeth extractions always on insurance? I bloody hope so

I got my wisdom teeth (all 4 in one go, all were impacted, only one came clean out, 2 crumbled and one had extra roots which weren't visible on the x-ray) done in Frankfurt when I was still in a state Kasse, so yes.

Use a tea bag. That worked for me.

And cooling ice gel packs.

What really helped mine after they had stopped bleeding was using an empty, needleless syringe to squirt cooled camomile tea at the area to rinse and I also took Bromelin pineapple tablets (which I had on prescription). It somehow enhances the antibiotics and is a great natural anti-inflammatory. Just something I use anytime I have something like that done.

That dentist also gave me a bottle of tramal to take if needed, but I only had 3 drops and it was unaided flight. Mental juice, that is.