Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Things to do after changing apartment

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just moved to a new apartment am confused about what offices I need to visit for changing address and associated formalities to keep in mind.

I have moved from steglitz to wedding.

So I'll need to visit Bezirksamt in wedding.

Do I also need to go to Finanzmat for changing my address with them?

Any other thing to keep in mind too?

How many days do i have after changing apartment(moving in officially) for all this.

FYI:I am contract employee in a university.I don'T have colleagues as such to ask.

Thanks in advance.

PS : If there is already some link,please give that.I didn't find exactly the same issues(maybe keywords issue)

So I'll need to visit Bezirksamt in wedding.

How many days do i have after changing apartment(moving in officially) for all this.

You have to register your new address at the Bürgeramt within 2 weeks of moving, see here.

Do I also need to go to Finanzmat for changing my address with them?

FYI:I am contract employee in a university.I don'T have colleagues as such to ask.

If you are an employee who pays social security contributions (public pension, public unemployment, public health insurance) out of his gross salary then you don't have to tell the Finanzamt anything.

If, on the other hand, you have a Werkvertrag with the university and don't pay social security contributions then you are regarded as self-employed and have to get a new tax number from the new Finanzamt, which you then write into your invoices which you write to your client, the university, in order to get paid.

Just to add to what PandaMunich said - make sure you tell the following people/offices:

* your employer

* your health insurance

* bank

* phone company (landline and mobile)

* GEZ (assuming you pay the GEZ fee)

and of course the usual friends, acquaintances, places your address is registered.

Hi,

I just came across your questions.

Did you also tell your electricity provider and the Postamt about your address change? In case you have a house phone: the phone companies usually let you "take your phone number with you" if you request this in time.

Good luck with the move

Stephanie

hey all,

Thanks.

Done everything:)

thanks for the check list.

@stephanie

I was in rented apartment so nothing related to electricity provide.

I was using mobile most of time.no house phone.

Ohhh.Now I understand your point of other things.I moved from rented apartment to a new WG.I should have made myself clear.Sorry

Tc

On 07/08/2012, 18:01:13, PandaMunich said:

If, on the other hand, you have a Werkvertrag with the university and don't pay social security contributions then you are regarded as self-employed and have to get a new tax number from the new Finanzamt, which you then write into your invoices which you write to your client, the university, in order to get paid.

Does this happen automatically? Or do you have to go into the finazamt with the new anmeldung or a certain form?