Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Therme Erding

68 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm visiting Munich and I'd like to visit the giant spa Therme Erding, but I don't have a car. How can I get there on Sunday using public transportation? Their website says there is a bus 550 & 560, but it only runs Monday thru Friday.

Also, is the spa busy on weekends? Do we need to reserve a massage or can we ask when we get there?

Thanks.

Hello

You can travel with the Sbahn and then there is a Bus that takes you right there. You can also get a special ticket that MVV offers: It costs 17 Euros and includes the round trip plus four hours in the "thermen" (I think it is four hours but not 100%sure).

Enjoy it!

SO, what Grinner answered holds...with the addition of:

"At weekends and on public holidays you can reach the thermal springs by foot in only 15 minutes from the Altenerding S-Bahn (urban rail) station (800 m distance). "

Beware - Therme Erding has (like most other spas in Germany) a lot of mixed nude areas. If you're visiting from the US, where the culture is quite different when it comes to nudity, it could be somewhat disconcerting to you.

I read the post, I was just giving the link for info on the kombi ticket. You can still use it even if you take Grinners advice, using a taxi instead of walking doesn't invalidate it! :P

Yes, what Hazza said - it is TexteilFrei - that means no bathing suits in the sauna area and if you are wearing one, someone will most definitely tell you take it off.

Thanks, it sounds like it will be easy to get there.

On nudity, I'll be ok among lumpy middle-aged people. If a group of lingerie models walk in, then I might be in trouble. :D We've been to saunas in finland and sweden, but we hear the germans have more rigid rules. We'll watch carefully and do what the locals do.

We are of Indian heritage. Do you think our brown butts will draw a lot of curious attention there? We felt like zoo animals in Norway.

Thanks.

I have to say that when I went to Erding, a lot of the people had great bodies. None were lumpy. You should also be aware that a large sex club was broken up in Erding and many locals still consider it a bit seedy. Eventhough, I went supposedly while these clubs were meeting and never noticed anything. And Erding has said that they will expell anyone who is seen "enjoying" themselves too much.

I have been several times and more often then not I see lumpy bodies (which is OK, because mine is lumpy too). However, the last time I went, I saw a lot of great bodies! I enjoy it and don't see anything 'seedy' going on. And, if you are getting a little too close to your partner, someone will come by and tell you to break it up(saw it happen in the outdoor heated pool a couple of times).

You should also be aware that a large sex club was broken up in Erding and many locals still consider it a bit seedy. Eventhough, I went supposedly while these clubs were meeting and never noticed anything. And Erding has said that they will expell anyone who is seen "enjoying" themselves too much.

I lived right around the corner from the Therme for 4 years and now that I have gone I find out about this. Just my luck. If I had known about this I might have stayed :D

We visited Erding on Sunday. An easy walk from Altenerding. The saunas are very relaxing. There were many people there, mostly young and fit. I didn't notice any sexual romps, but there was some intense kissing and fondling in the pool next to the cafe. I'm going to really miss the German saunas when I go back home. However, I've had enough of the Bavarian meat&potato meals. I desperately need a burrito.