Nice person of the day award

160 posts in this topic

All of these selfless nominations of other people. Whatever happened to "me, me, me"? I nominate myself, because I refrained from punching the dude in the subway who asked if he could sit in the already empty seat across from me, because he's "handicapped", and who, when I said, "you can sit wherever you want", seriously had the balls to start to reach over and ask if he could hold my penis.

** That really did happen, but jokes aside, there are a lot of TTers who have really been stepping up to the plate, as we have one bit of bad news after another, and I applaud you all.

I´d like to un-nominate ( word???) Guest for his own recommendation!! Jay: your reputation has spread beyond the borders of Toytown and has reached the depths of the S-Bahn - you should have said " yes, make my day"!! :D

Deeply disappointed....

Hey, let´s nominate each and every one of us who´s had a tough day---maybe most of us.

Hey, let´s nominate each and every one of us who´s had a tough day---maybe most of us.

In that case, I nominate myself again, for having the toughest year of my life. Lots of deaths and lots of other stuff that has hit me pretty hard. I'm starting to come out of it now, but, man, what a long, strange trip this has been...

I would like to nominate Chris Klewe for not just being articulate about a controversial (to some) topic, but also for being brave enough to make this articulation while being employed in one of the most macho industries around, professional sports.

NFL Punter and Linebacker on Gay Marriage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9565146/Dying-cancer-mans-bucket-list-with-a-twist.html

Two years to live and he's throwing himself into doing charitable acts. Amazing.

Oh wow! nina! I was gong to be silly and nominate myself but nope. What a story!

My downstairs neighbor David who is a pro football player for FC Kaiserslautern team just brought up two tickets to the match next Monday.

My husband is a avid football fan and that's why he gave me the tickets although he's never met my husband. My husband is arriving home today after a long work assignment so this is a great welcome home gift.

I guess I can only nominate one a day, but I think an honourable mention should go to New Jersey governor Chris Christie ® who for the past few months has been one of Mr Romney's most vocal supporters, and -- as is to be expected in US presidential campaigns -- a most vicious attacker of President Obama.

But now, with Hurricane Sandy having wreaked havoc across his state, the man buckled down. And then the moron^H^Hning news anchors at Fox News interviewed him: Watch and heap kudos onto Governor Christie.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228239/Child-4-suffering-cerebral-palsy-given-500-stranger-stricken-chain-Comet-refuses-gift-card-iPad.html

Mr Alexander added: 'Every now and then something like this comes along and if I can do anything to help, that’s what I do.'

http://www.bild.de/regional/bremen/bremen/dieser-bremer-arzt-schenkte-5000-kindern-ein-neues-gesicht-26550910.bild.html

Sorry that the text is in German.

Basically it's about a doctor from Bremen who has done voluntary work in Africa during his holidays. He has 'given 5,000 children a new face' (in the last 20 years). These are children with no access to medical care and yet have disfiguring growths and tumours on their faces.

He works with the organisation Mercy Ships.

Auf dem 152 Meter langen und 24 Meter breiten Koloss arbeitet Dr. Köper mit 400 anderen Ehrenamtlichen. Ärzten, Schwestern, Seeleuten, Küchenpersonal. Das Schiff hat sechs OPs, 78 Betten, Intensivstation, Röntgengeräte, Computertomographen und Labor.

On the 152 metre long and 24 metre wide colossus, Dr Körper works together with 400 other volunteers. Doctors, nurses, seamen, kitchen staff. The ship has six operating theatres, 78 beds, an intensive care unit, x-ray machines, computer tomographs and a laboratory.

Not just one nice person but many nice people. There's one woman in my French course who has disappeared for a couple of months as she does voluntary medical work in Haiti. It's good to know there are such wonderful people in the world. It's not all about money.

My nice person of the day is the clerk who rang up my purchases yesterday. He gave me €15 off each of 2 sweaters I bought that were not on a sale table and did not have sale tags on them. He also sold me 3 pairs of pants without ringing up one. My unexpected savings - €90.

What a very nice person.

My German GF, informed me today, much to my delight, that I am exempt from sitting down whilst taking a pee until the beginning of the New Year, when she will examine the findings of the temporary exclusion, and determine whether to grant a permanent exclusion from sitting down to pee order... Such altruistic gestures don't come around so often... Thank you darling!!!