Immortality for Humans by 2045

66 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2018, 9:29:19, Anna66 said:

There is a pretty good series on Netflix about human immortality. Downloading yourself into another body... It is called "Altered Carbon".

Didn't like the series too much but the book was "sit-at-the-edge-of-the-seat-and-read-in-one-go" good, at least the first book in the trilogy was, the other two were sort of "meh!"

8 hours ago, Mississippian said:

Who really wants to live forever?

Who really wants to die?

Think back, jeremy...think back to school or your first girlfriend...worse things happen at sea than being called a squirrel.:P..you could be called a...MIllwall fan!!:lol:

Ah...the Beach Hotel, Ramsey, Isle of Man... She was Irish and gorgeous...

I took her up to my hotel room to "show her some books"! ;)

On 10/23/2018, 8:40:09, Krieg said:

Who really wants to die?

No one dies, Krieg! You just change locations...sort of a spiritual Brexit!:)

On 23/10/2018, 07:40:09, Krieg said:

Who really wants to die?

As a great philosopher (P.Tosh) once wrote: "Everybody want to go up to heaven.  But none of them wants to die."

On 11/7/2018, 1:31:10, zwiebelfisch said:

As a great philosopher (P.Tosh) once wrote: "Everybody want to go up to heaven.  But none of them wants to die."

What choice do I have? A Dr. once asked me if I was afraid to die. I said I would be if I had a choice, if he could show me one who does not have to die. So, no choice and accept what you can't change. (mallarky this eternal live. dust to dust and electrons to electrons)

Great,... just Great...   What you are saying is that if I live to 2045,  I will be 100 yrs old.  (very unlikely with my current state of health)..  Then I shall have access to all the new health benefits,...Organ Malfunction?  replace it!...   Infection?... disinfect it! ,...  dementia?,...  Undement me.!

I shall still be 100 yrs old.,...   Just as cranky,  just as miserable,..   just as impotent.  And all my friends will be dead.   I mean what's the point?

As a tech nerd in the 70's  I have no idea what is going on in the  2020's,... I shall have even less idea what will be going on the the  2040's,...   Worst of all possible worlds...   Lemme die in peace...  I'm not afraid to die,...  it seems sort of the natural progression,...   the right way...    

Dave the Barbarian...    Rather than months, I'm down to weeks now according to my Dr,'s  I've had a good life,...  everything else now seems sort of unnatural...  

Hi Gaberlunzi!  hang in there old pal.   We are the last of the old school,   I'm catching up to you on the pain scale pretty quickly.     Dave

hi Dave, cheer up! It is surprising how one can used to pain. I feel the hopeless tiredness more than the pain. getting up in the morning is an       effort. But as long as I can manage to get in and out of the bathtub I stay home.It only pains me that I see the grass grow and have to ask someone to cut it. This covid thing also cut me out of my bridge game and eating sparingly is not much joy either except for my wife's carrot cake. My hair is still growing,but getting it cut is a problem, as all the other guys were waiting for the barber to get his permission back for work. So instead of standing outside the barber's shop because that funny new law allows only 4 customers in his shop, i just let the hair grow another day. At least the hair knows tomorrow how the weather will be. Just glad my computer has a memory because mine is not that well either. there is only one thing I would like to look forward to and this is the ride to the University because I donated my leftovers to them to do as they fit. Other than for learning purposes i doubt

there is any thing useful left on me.Cheers again and be glad we won't have to pay for the mess our politicons have done to humanity. gaberlunzi

The problem about backing up a person and having that person living in cyberspace is that we are not just electric impulses, your YOU is actually chemistry. I suppose that if it were possible to plot every atom of your heads squishy bits you maybe able to create a copy but it wouldn´t be you.

1 hour ago, slammer said:

The problem about backing up a person and having that person living in cyberspace is that we are not just electric impulses, your YOU is actually chemistry. I suppose that if it were possible to plot every atom of your heads squishy bits you maybe able to create a copy but it wouldn´t be you.

By generally accepted scientific principles of today, all matter is energy and electricity is energy so it is not difficult to guess what is what.Unless of course some fact is missing in that bill. As for energy, I wished I would have more of it. My electrons or whatever must be lazy buggers.

There is no doubt that space travel will only get real when humans can get converted into space mode( that is energy) All the rest is fooling our self. Let there be light. and there was light.

On 20.5.2020, 09:16:21, gaberlunzi said:

By generally accepted scientific principles of today, all matter is energy and electricity is energy so it is not difficult to guess what is what.Unless of course some fact is missing in that bill. As for energy, I wished I would have more of it. My electrons or whatever must be lazy buggers.

There is no doubt that space travel will only get real when humans can get converted into space mode( that is energy) All the rest is fooling our self. Let there be light. and there was light.

Probably the only way to get somewhere at the speed of light, as long as the planet you are traveling to has an IP address and Internet. But as all energy degrades to heat you are not going to be converted to HTML anytime soon.