Immortality for Humans by 2045

66 posts in this topic

In Germany: "Was das allgemeine Renteneintrittsalter betrifft, will die große Koalition langjährig Versicherten (45 Beitragsjahre) ermöglichen, schon mit 63 Jahren abschlagsfrei in Rente zu gehen." From focus

One would think so, but didn´t they lower retirement age recently?

We're talking about 30-40 years in future.

But even today, like other posters have mentioned, retirement ages are rising. In India it changed from 60 to 62 not so long ago. I'm sure this will become a norm everywhere because people are generally living longer & healthier now.

A most interesting presentation of life and eternity. Pay attention to the last 10 minutes. (just wondering how much my soul is weighing. It is probably so concentrated it won't fly and I have to stay here on earth and participate in all the misery of all the lost photons)

This concept was extensively covered in a dark satirical british show called black mirror. It may sound like a good idea but a clone of the mind is just that an artificial clone, whereas life itself is yet to be imortalised. In black mirror it shows you if you make a hologram to work to a copy of your brain, being a digital codex, it is open to abuse and all sorts of evil things... <_<

In another episode of black mirror, it drew up the concept what if when we die, all of our digital information, texts, recordings, pictures and so on can be put into a perfect replica robot to make you you again? Is there enough digital data to replicate somebody and if somebody you loved died, would you bring the digital copy back? It is a darkly compelling show which conceptually captures the warnings to be had ethically in the digital future. A bit like the potential power of tt moderators. ;)

Immortality for humans by 2045

I'll be around 87, wrinkly, a bit gaga and likely wobbly on my pins - why on earth would i want to be immortal then? Should post this in the flummoxed thread maybe ...

I watched something on tv last night about identifying the ageing genes. I know theres tardigrades, long living whales and what have you, so i think living longer rather than immortality is more likely.

If we were immortal that would imply all encompassing resistance to bacteria or viruses as well as nature trying to seek a balance in overly large populations. 

I suppose it could open up possibilities for space exploration, but i doubt if you chucked an immortal human into a black hole where physics breaks down, they would apppreciate it very much or have sufficient time to regenerate at a faster than light pace.

Immortality - count me out. 

Is it not our mortality that makes us human? Without death our world will become overpopulated very fast and humans more easily exploited, solutions to this may be sterilisation but a world without the laughing and crying of children seems a little cold or atleast like a puzzle with pieces missing. 

If I were an evil factory owner I would like to have a workforce that can work for eternity. Permanent batteries to power the machines. This arguement is indeed the ying without the yang but as our world grows stronger in terms of capitalism I guess the future is more ying than yang but there is always hope that the soul prevails.

Is it not our mortality that makes us human? Without death our world will become overpopulated very fast and humans more easily exploited, solutions to this may be sterilisation but a world without the laughing and crying of children seems a little cold or atleast like a puzzle with pieces missing.

Think outside the box. In this case, outside of the planet! The universe is big enough for an immortal species.

I'd bet some wannabe (the first to) is already working on printing a 3D humanoid model. 

What kind of plastic are they using?

It will get more interesting when THEY convert you to protones and neutrons and send you via light waves to another star. Of course ,until a terminal to reconstruct you is built and sent ahead, eternity is only a fata morgana.

Think outside the box. In this case, outside of the planet! The universe is big enough for an immortal species.

Ah but have we yet finalized our quest to dominate the unknown? Will the american's be first to dominate outer life-giving planets once we hoard them and reserve a place to put the zillionth McBarfalds and the billionth Starfucks?

There are 10 starbucks in Portugal and the ones outside airports are on tourist attractions. When they try to open one outside these areas, they fail. Let's hope, for the sake of good coffee, that outer planets have such good coffee as Portugal.

I have seen STARWARS I know where this is going, lets just say when they invent the lightsaber, I will be one of the first cueing up to join the rebellion.

On 17 October 2015 at 14:13:51, MikeMelga said:

There are 10 starbucks in Portugal and the ones outside airports are on tourist attractions. When they try to open one outside these areas, they fail. Let's hope, for the sake of good coffee, that outer planets have such good coffee as Portugal.

Thats probably because you can get a decent espresso, for example, in Portugal for only 60 cents in most places the real people go, so how is stardicks going to make any money that way?

There is a pretty good series on Netflix about human immortality. Downloading yourself into another body.... It is called "Altered Carbon".

21 minutes ago, Anna66 said:

There is a pretty good series on Netflix about human immortality. Downloading yourself into another body... It is called "Altered Carbon".

Great series that one.