Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for hair salons/hairdressers for Afro hair in Frankfurt

59 posts in this topic

I am moving to Darmstadt in November and would like to find a black hair stylist (a good one) in the area if possible. Please help! Provide address and number if possible. Thanks :)

the only one i know of is the Black Hair Saloon on Münchener Straße. there is also a Beauty Supply store directly next door. i will pm you with the exact address and telephone number so you can get their full menu. i've seen Elias twice now for texturizing and while i've been there i've seen ladies also putting in weaves. hope this gives you a good start. i know in my small town ... none of the salons know how to take care of black hair... a shame really, hence why i've had to travel into frankfurt to get my 'do' done :D

Does anyone know a hair stylist in Frankfurt that specializes in black/African-American hair? I am looking for someone that does relaxers, extensions, braids, and natural hair. Thanks!!

I do not live in Frankfurt but I have been to the one across the street from the hauptbahnhof which has a beauty supply store in it. They are good. I have had a cut as well as a full weave. Here in Wiesbaden I know someone who does great full weaves and extensions. As far as natural hair, not to many of them specialize in it, its all about relaxers. I recently went natural and find it better to do my own hair(granted it is short). None of the salons specialize in taking care of your hair at all. They are use to having someone come once or twice a year so there is no real bond(comparing it to american standards.)

I've gone to the Black Hair Salon. Ellis usually does my hair. I had a natural at one point but since there is no one here to really help maintain it, I just went back to relaxers. They are okay at the Black Hair Salon, but like someone else mentioned, it's not really the same experience as being in the States or in London. It's just very basic hair care, in my opinion.

We should start a support group! :D

how do you "natural goers" do you hair? after years of relaxing it and struggling to find someone here who could, I just let it be, now I'm full on natural since february 2005. i just don't know what else to do besides this mushroom 'fro i have :( i need some variety! help...

how do you "natural goers" do you hair? after years of relaxing it and struggling to find someone here who could, I just let it be, now I'm full on natural since february 2005. i just don't know what else to do besides this mushroom 'fro i have i need some variety! help...

I have short hair at the moment, so wash and go's are my only option.You could try twisting them then putting them up in an up do.Also if you twist your hair at night while its wet then add some shea butter or leave in conditoner you will have a cute wavy style aka a twist out. You could blow it out or do a roller set. There is so much you can do if you need any other ideas or help PM me, my bathroom is like a beauty supply store-LOL

how do you "natural goers" do you hair? after years of relaxing it and struggling to find someone here who could, I just let it be, now I'm full on natural since february 2005. i just don't know what else to do besides this mushroom 'fro i have i need some variety! help...

I've got dreadlocks - not disgusting unwashed thick nasty things but beautiful, well groomed ones which are growing wonderfully! I struggled as well after deciding to go natural and used to switch between twisting my hair and getting it cornrowed. All of these things are much easier in London though where there are literally hundreds of shops dedicated to black natural hair care these days.

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, good luck with it!

Hi there moving from Toronto to Wiesbaden. Great discussion ladies. My biggest concern about moving to Germany is hair care. I visit a salon weekly in Toronto and have been doing so for years. My hair is short and relaxed but requires good "maintenance" care. Can anyone guide me on where I might be able to get great hair care... don't want to go the weave route if I don't have to and natural is not an option for me.

Hi everyone,new to the forum and just came upon this tread.I am an afro hair dresser by profession!

I do all hair styles;BRAIDS like kinky,micro,twists,short and long! EXTENSIONS of all kinds,sew-in or clip-in!

I also do conrows both on afro and other hair types!And i do this at very reasonable prices!I live in köln,

let me know if you want a try,thanks

I have to mention my stylist Millicent at MaNaaRu. She speaks English and is really friendly. Here is the contact info:

Stiftstraße 9-17

60313 Frankfurt

069 21995599

Thanks for the referral to Millicent at MaNaaRu. I'll be in Frankfurt in the first week of January and will certainly follow through and visit the MaNaaRu. Unfortunately Bava22 - Cologne seems to be a bit of a hike from Wiesbaden - I will keep you in mind though and would like to check out your salon once I have an understanding of the lay of the land.

Cheers!

Desperately looking for a natural hair stylist in the Cologne/Bonn/Dusseldorf area who can do comb twist…???

Cheers

Desperately looking for a natural hair stylist in the Cologne/Bonn/Dusseldorf area who can do comb twist…???

Asking this in the Frankfurt section guarantees qualified answers i think... ;)

*letmegooglethatforyou*:

Euro u. African Hair Art, Köln

http://www.african-hair-krefeld.de/

As stated, these are google search results, i cannot give any reviews of the quality of these coiffeurs.

well, word of mouth has always proven to be a good option where ever you are!

thanks the same for the google links!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP! Im new to Germany Ive only been here for one week and I do not know anyone. Im from Toronto and I would like to meet other afro Caribbean people and people from Toronto. I live in Heilenhaus close to Dusseldorf and I would love to meet other Canadians and Americans jsut basicaly I would love to have a good sisterhood friendship. Im in desperate need of a hairdresser and I do not know my way around germany so if you would like to offer your free time to take me around I need a hairdresser I would like to get a hair weave can anyone help me if so email me

thanks

I've moved to Köln recently, so hello to you all. I'd like to ask two questions:

1. Do you know anyone who can take out a weave?

2. Do you know of any good Africans who can braid hair?

I realize I cannot be too picky, but given my circumstances I am looking for someone in Köln--though I could go Bonn if necessary.

Thank you in advance for your time! You can also email to chat, as I am dying to meet people in the area :-) Happy Sunday!

Sira

Dear Sarafate,

On page 1 of this thread you will find two links to african haircare (one in cologne, the other in Krefeld).

However the majority of readers of this thread is based in Frankfurt / the Rhine-Main area.

Maybe you should open a new topic in the Life in NRW group?