English-speaking midwives (Hebamme)

92 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just got my baby 2 weeks ago and I have very nice english speaking hebamme. I live in Englschalking and midwife lives near by as well. PM me if you want to have her details.

Also here is one other midwife who is very nice and speaks good english. My friend is using her. http://www.bauchladen-muenchen.de/

Does somebody know pediatrician near Bogenhausen on Englschalking?

Just wanted to add that my midwife, Marion Musse, was excellent-very sympathetic and resourceful. Plus-unlike many other midwives, she visits the new mothers for 3-4 months after birth-some midwives only come the first two weeks or one month afterwards.

Marion speaks excellent english, works all across Munich and has been a midwife for ten years.

You can reach her at: 0170 40101 08

My German girlfriend is a midwife and worked in the UK for 3 years. She speaks fluent English and works in the area south of Munich (From Wolfrathausen and Geretsried, to Bad Tolz and Murnau.

She runs pre-natel classes at Penzberg, Wolfrathausen and will soon be starting in Bad Tolz in December 2009. She provides home visits for as long as required (I think usually 3-4 months). She does deliveries at Penzberg hospital, and is opening a new birthing house in Bad Tolz in December 2009. This will offer a service that is halfway between a hospital delivery and a home-birth.

For more information, contact Claudia Wassmann.

e-mail Hebamme-ClaudiaW@web.de

Mobile 0176 65365521

Home 08847 695969

Hi

I thought I'd revive this thread to avoid starting a new one. I am looking for a midwife for postnatal home visits in May. I used Esther Hoelzemann last time, who was very good, but she's on holiday during this time. I looking on the hebamme list and there is quite a few listed who are in the area and speak English. Although I thought I'd try to get some personal recommendations before I picked one at random. They need to work in the Ottobrunn area.

Thanks for any recommendations

Hello, I was given the name and number of an English-speaking midwife named Jill Wruck. Has anyone worked with her before, and if so, could you provide me with your feedback and impression? Thank you.

We had Johanna Feichtner, who was very caring and supportive (previously mentioned cat allergy very important). The only thing I'd urge caution with is that I emailed her a few months after our official visits were ended asking for advice on something that was not time-sensitive but very important and she didn't reply.

I highly recommend Susanna Roth. I had a homebirth in February and feel very blessed to have found her after months of searching. She speaks excellent English and is everything I could have wanted in a midwife: kind, patient, resourceful, experienced (over 30 years), friendly, supportive (the list goes on...) I believe she only does homebirths, but I am not certain of this. So if you are looking for an amazing midwife, but are planning to have your baby at a birth centre or hospital, I recommend calling her to inquire if she does offer only pre- and post-natal care as well. I am certain no one would be disappointed in her service. Top notch.

I can recommend Ina Mehlig

She was the midwife who delivered my first baby in Klinikim Pasing. She was excellent during the birth and I found the whole experience at Pasing excellent, I am going back for the birth of my second child and Ina will be the Nachsorge Hebamme for this child.

I am not sure of the exact area in which she works, probably mainly in the West of Munich.

She speaks excellent english.

Her webpage is only in German though, but you can find her contact details and get in touch to find out more.

http://www.webtante.de/

Hi, I just came from infoabend at Krüssmann Klinik (Frauenklinik München West).

They said that all prenatal courses were full, and all Hebammen were reserved in advance.

Please, recommend me some good prenatal courses (preferable, in English. I need it urgently as my due date is beginning of September. Thanks in advance.

For anyone who is looking for an English speaking Prenatal class

http://www.hausderfamilie.de/Kurse%20Details/fachbereich-FS4655a62247b36/semester-11-1/autowert-A+312

Prenatal class for couples (Elternschule)

friday 17:00 - 21:00 p.m.

saturday between 09:00 a.m. and 17:30 p.m.

The change from being a couple to becoming a family is an exciting and challenging time for parents-to-be. External support and advice helps to make this a time to enjoy. We would like to give you the opportunity to prepare yourselves as a couple, for the birth of your baby and the following new stage of life. This class covers:

breathing and relaxation exercises to help ease the delivery

body-awareness exercises, massages

information about pregnancy, labor, birthing positions, nursing and the post-natal period

how to deal with fear and pain

support and advice for the partner, how to help the mother through pregnancy and birth

changes in the relationship

gain confidence and trust in your own capabilities

Please note the information on ´Methods of Payment´ (AGB)

Fees: Administration Fee and Partner Fee

Beginn: Freitag,17. Juni 2011

Ende: 18. Juni 2011

Lade Kalender ...

Uhrzeit: von 17:00 Uhr bis 21:00 Uhr

Dauer:

2 Tage

Termine:

Kursleiter: Steffi Angerer

midwife

Nummer: A 312

Ort: Klinikum Dritter Orden, Elternschule80638 München, Menzinger Str. 48Anfahrt

Gebühr:

126,00 €

Jerrygong, many thanks for this information. I will be very happy to attend it. But I have block-seminars on 17th and 18th of June at the university. Would you be so kind to post here if such a training is held in nearest future?

Hi Joy,

I'm working as a Doula and one of my english speaking clients had some last minute prenatal classes with Hebamme Esther Hoelzemann. Maybe you wanna give it a try and check with her.

I am looking for an English speaking pre-natal class as well as English speaking midwife for my first birth this November. I tried Ester Holzemann and do NOT recommend her. Any other recommendations? Many thanks for your help! Julia

Diado, thanks!!! Julia, let's find together! I attend prenatal classes in german, but do want to find a course in english/russian/turkish or in azerbaijanian (if any :) ).

Please, guys, let me know if you know someone.

Have a nice day!

Be aware of hebamme Sally Freund. She is on Toytown and advertises her services. I interviewed and chose her as my hebamme prior to my son's birth in October 2009. I liked here calm demeanor and thought she'd be a great bridge between American and German culture in the ways of figuring out baby stuff as a first time parent.

What I got was someone who visited me only twice in my son's first three weeks of life, someone who went on holiday twice in those two weeks because I was "doing so well". What else did I get? Another hospital stay for a week because my son had dropped below his birthweight after being home for 3 weeks. He had an IV in his head and almost had to have a brain scan, but because he was so aware, they didn't. She had never weighed him. She encouraged me not to be one of those mothers that worry about every ounce. The hospital didn't even believe us when we told them. Being a first time parent, I trusted everything she did. Unfortunately now I am an insecure mom who doesn't trust any of her instincts.

If I knew how to report her, I would.

Hi fellow Mums to be!

I too was struggling to find pre-natal classes for English speaking Mums to be in Munich. I was lucky and managed to get in touch with Lynne Jablonski- email address is RaumzumAtmen@aol.com, who has two forthcoming 1 day (intensive) Birthing Classes scheduled for 6 Aug and 17 Sep. I understand that her courses do book up fairly quickly, but she was talking about running some extra ones, so she might still be able to help you.

With regards to midwifes...I also found it difficult to find an English speaking one who was either a. available for my due date or b. willing to take on an English speaking client B) . Have you googled Hebammen? The following two internet sites were recommended to me, as they list all of the midwives (Hebammen) in Munich and you can search by what languages they speak. Go to 'Hebammensuche' on the left-hand column and click on 'Sprache' and take it from there!

http://www.hebammenliste-muenchen.de/ or http://www.hebammensuche.de/ (this second site you can search by PLZ).

My colleague used the following lady: Stephanie Heintzeler (0151 252 03342) and they really thought she was great. But they do live in Schwabing. The lady I am using is returning to work next week after having her own child last year. Her name is Frau Musse (sp?), I haven't met her yet as we have our first appointment next week, I believe she is based in town and wouldn't normally cover my area (South Munich), but has agreed to take me on as I was really couldn't find anyone else who could help. First impressions are very good. If you PM me I will let you know how I get on and pass on her contact numbers.

Hope this helps!

hi there,

If you are looking for an english speaking midwife in southern munich area i had a fantastic one, Astrid Sommer. I live in Starnberg, and she works around southern munich area. Her phone number is 08151/ 746 527 or 0170 735 1862. She is very calming, very knowledgeable and very kind. Good luck in your search

Could someone post comments / reviews on Esther Holzemann..I would like to join the English Speaking Birth classes with her and probably later the Ruckbildung Classes after the baby is born.

Anyone else have information about Birth Classes in English...Please post here

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

I would also like to ask for comments on "Hebammempraxis Mein Baby", the Habamme is Zahra Shabani. In the Praxis they also offer various of course. Here is the offical website : http://www.hebammenpraxis-meinbaby.de/leistungen.html

Would appreciate to receive any information. Many thanks!