English-speaking midwives (Hebamme)

90 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to find a prenatal class (Geburtsvorbereitungskurs) in English and/or a good midwife who speaks English. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hi. I hope I haven't missed the right thread for this question. I noticed the great info on English-speaking pediatricians and wondered if anyone has a referral for an English speaking doctor (preferably female) or midwife who does well-woman exams. I am six months post-partum with some issues that will need to be followed in Munich (sorry if too much information). Please redirect me to the right thread if I have messed up by creating a new topic.

Thanks!

Julie

Try this web site www.hebammen.de/bayern. Just write them in english and they should be able to direct you to one. Also search Toytown under moms to be or something like that there should be info there also.

good luck!

Hi, JulieC.

I recommend my doctor, Wolfram Krauss. He was along for the delivery of my baby last July (although the midwife actually did the delivery.) He's also done some minor surgical procedures for me, and he's very good. He's got a 3D ultrasound machine in his office, too, which is kind of fun when you're pregnant.

Prinzregentenplatz 15

81675 München

Tel: (089) 41951590

You want HERR Dr. Krauss, by the way. He's in practice with his sister, who is also good, but I'm not sure how happily she speaks English.

He accepts public as well as private insurance.

It's not a midwife you should go to, but a Frauenarzt (gynaecologist/obstetrician). Do a search on this site for some recommendations.

EDIT: Whoops, cinzia beat me to it.

If in search of an OB/GYN I'd recommend:

Frau Dr. Silke Dabelstein

Promenadeplatz 12

80333 Munich

Tel: 089 296971

She was absolutely fantastic throughout my pregnancy and birth (private clients only I'm afraid). Speaks great English and has all up-to-date equipment/machinery.

For English speaking childbirth classes, contact:

Olivia Wacker - Beratungsstelle fuer Natuerliche Geburt und Eltern-Sein

Tel: 08801 1790

Hope this helps.

I have been searching (unsucessfully) for a Hebamme in Stockdorf (near Gauting/Planegg). I am due in the middle of August and every Hebamme I have spoken with is on holiday during this time. Does anyone have recommendations for a Hebamme who would make house visits in my area? I speak enough German to get by but given the choice, would prefer that the Hebamme speaks some English. Thank you!

Topics merged by admin

Hi. I'm moving to Munich with my husband on September 19th, and I just recently found out that our health insurance won't cover my pregnancy b/c they consider it "pre-existing." I'm due in late April. We're going to have to pay for everything out of pocket.

I'm looking for a good midwife. My sister had 3 of her children delivered with a midwife, and it's something that I'm very interested in doing.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good midwife, or how to find a good midwife. I'm also wondering if anyone could give us any advice on how much it will cost for delivery and materinity care in Munich?

Thanks,

Diana

Topics merged by admin

Hi Diana,

I am in the same situation with the health insurance, so my partner called some hospitals in munich and they all told us that you will have to pay between 3,000-7,000€ depending on things like if you have a section, how long you stay in hospital and any treatments you need afterward. They are not allowed to charge more than this because they are government paid.

Could you let me know how you get on finding a midwife as i am also looking for one.

Good Luck

Sarah :)

I'm looking for a good midwife. My sister had 3 of her children delivered with a midwife, and it's something that I'm very interested in doing.

Whichever hospital you deliver at, there will be a midwife in attendance at the birth (standard procedure in Germany).

Hi! I´m a German trained midwife,and American. I hold weekend pre-natal classes in the Elternschule in Klinikum Dritter Orden in Munich, sponsored by Haus der Familie in Scwabing. I also do post-natal care in the north of Munich, and Dachau Landkreis. I´d be glad to answer anyones questions or be of help in this field. I take both people with normal German insurance, and private.

I am looking urgently for a Midwife that either speaks English/Spanish and can come to Trudering. Any recommendations out there. I am due in 2 weeks and the one's I've called are busy. Any help would be appreciated TIA!!

Topics merged by admin

Hello

I am pregnant on 4th month. Currently, I am looking for a good English-speaking midwife. I would appreciate if someone could suggest me a midwife I could trust.

Thank you

m

Topics merged by admin

I'm due in june end and shifting to Bohmerwaldplatz,81677.Could anyone recommend a good mid-wife for after delivery care who speaks in English and also could do accupuncture.

Hi Ladies,

I already have an English-speaking midwife for my post-natal care (Esther Hölzemann), but found this list of midwives by neighborhood from the "KIDSgo!" magazine my midwife gave me. Once you select an area of Munich, you'll see a list of midwives, with columns indicating which services they provide and which languages. Hope it helps, and good luck! :)

Hebammen List

I recommend my Hebamme, Johanna Feichtner. She was very helpful and spoke good English :) . She is covering Isarvorstadt and Sendling area, I think.

You can find her contact from this site at "Isarvorstadt".

http://www.hebammenliste-muenchen.de/

She has a cat allergy. So if you have a cat at home, find someone else from "English speaking" Hebamme list in the same homepage!

I would like to add that Johanna Feichtner was also my Hebamme, very caring and supportive I can also recommend her.

If you live in or around Moosach, my new Gyno speakes excellant english (he really impressed my Grannie when we went for a scan, took the time and explained everything to her, I just laid there...)

Anyway his address is:

Dr. Göpfert

Pelkovenstr. 49

80992 München

Tel. 145450

One of the assistants there loves speaking english.

And Dr. Göpfert doesn't mind if you bring the family along to...

Hi. I'm looking for an english-speaking midwife in the Gauting/Starnberg area that can deliver my baby at Starnberg Krankenhaus. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it. Many thanks.