Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Energy providers in Munich

7 posts in this topic

I've just moved to a new house and have a letter from SWM welcoming me. Unfortunately I'm not welcoming them because I think they are too expensive for electricity and I'm thinking of using another company. I saw on a website www.toptarif.de that a company called Löwenzahn Energie can supply energy for less than half the price of SWM. My question is, has anybody got any experience of the numerous energy providers that are an alternative to SWM?

It seems a bit too good to be true, but I've been told by some people that Bavarians being a conservative bunch will just go for the same energy provider that they've always been with (or who their parents have been with) and therefore SWM can charge whatever they like.

Any feedback appreciated.

You could try E Wie Einfach or Yellostrom. Don't think there's a great deal in it though. I'd stay clear of someone at half price, must be something dodgy about it.

I'm a very happy E wie Einfach customer. Chose them because they are a little cheaper than SWM and the monthly standing charge is about half that of SWM. I used verivox.de for the comparison (very good site, not just for electricity) and canned all the cheap companys that demand the whole years forcast usage in a lump sum up front. I am paying (just as I would with SWM) monthly, and termination notice is an amazing 4 weeks!

Had a bad experience with Flexstrom, very cheap in first year, in the second year they were more expensive than SWM. I got the price infomation for the next year just 10 weeks before the contract year was up, and had to cancel 8 weeks before the contract year ended which I missed because I was on holiday (I had gone on holiday the day before the price information for the following year came in the post).

Just when I thought my episode with Flexstrom was finished - wham, they send me a payment reminder. Out of year 1 I had a credit note of some €250. In the second year I owed them about €100. Correspondence with Flexstrom, "We will use the credit from year 1 and pay you the difference". €150 paid into account, so I thought, all done and dusted. So now starting a waiting game, will Flexstrom go as far as the Network Provider O2 who went as far as taking me to court (and lost), because this is exactly what will happen to Flexstrom. I guess the next step is that they will get their pet debt collection agency on to me. I will ignore letters and wait for the yellow envelope, and send the enclosed form back crossing the appropriate box "I owe nothing", wait again, perhaps I will then get another bigger yellow envelope from the court in which I will be requested to tell my side of the story, so I will include the correspondence from Flexstrom, and write something to the effect that I have no debt with Flexstrom - case dismissed and said debt collecting agency and Flexstrom sitting on unneeded court costs :lol: