Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to find fresh fish in Nuremberg

13 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone advise where fresh fish can be bought in Nuremberg? In particular, what are the types of fresh fish commonly given to babies here? So far, I have only seen frozen fish in the stores. Thanks in advance!

Well, what age exactly are we talking about? AFAIK, babies don't each fresh fish, but processed food which you typically find in glass jars. Fresh fish you can buy at the market or e.g. Kaufhof.

Sorry OP, but you are in for a bit of a shock. Fresh fish in Germany - unless you are up north - is a bit of a rarity. Maybe that's why kids in Germany love this type of fish:

post-121019-13420940521845.jpg

I'm not saying you can't get fresh fish at all - LukeSkywalker gave you some ideas of where to shop, and maybe someone specifically from your area will chime in as well with a great tip. Often at the local market (usually held one or two days a week on a local square), you will find a fishmonger's van as well. Here's a link with more info about these markets in Nürnberg.

However, unfortunately it is *no* comparison to what you are used to from home... I checked your profile, which is why I say this.

I also buy fresh fish from a section in Perfetto (grocery under the Karlstadt (UG)). They have quite a selection sometimes. It's behind the wines and spirits section. Frozen fish is on the other side of the store

I live right by a place where they sell fresh fish ... Called schels i think ... On blumenstr 9a

Here it is http://www.fischundmeer.de/

just go to any ZARA MARKT (Turkish supermarket) , they usually always have fresh fish, especially on Tuesday mornings, seems as though that's when they really stock up.

There is one by Nordostbahnhof, Aufseßplatz, and a 3rd one somewhere off of Further Straße , in the 150 area.

The Rewe stores have a few but the selection is poor. I have had good luck at Zara Markt but you have to go on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.