Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I want to rent a ferrari in Munich, racetrack

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I would like to rent a Ferrari or spend the day on a racetrack in a Ferrari, if possible. I am planning this for the first week of August.I am trying to organize it as a birthday present. I have looked online at erento, europeluxurycarhire and eliterent to name a few. It is very expensive between 750 and 2500 for one day!!

Was just wondering if anybody out there would know of anyplace in Munich to rent a Ferrari for the day that is cheaper than this. My max budget is 500 :D

Another possibility would be to go to a racetrack for the day where they supply the cars. If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.

Try this bunch - Jochen Schweizer.

Disclaimer: They may not have exactly what you want up on the website as a pre-arranged package, but it would be a good place to ask.

Has Munich even got a racetrack?? (asks this cyclist)

I hate to rain on your parade, but car rental & racetrack doesn´t mix. The companies won´t allow it. Ususaly elite car rental also requires a stiff deposit or at least a prove of credit.

The only race track I know of that is open to the public is the Nürburgring in the Eifelmountains. You can go there and do laps with your own car or co-pilot a professional driver in either BMW M5 or ASTON MARTIN V8 VANTAGE N24. For a petrol head it´s a lifetime experience and truly worth the stiff price.

Have a look at: http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebote/driving-academy/co-pilot-rides.html B)

Funny YT footage about the Track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvfWfDwIhM&feature=related (from the furious days of turbocharged f1)

(nice introduction to the Ring)

Quato: Yes, and - if you are lucky - you get to go round with the famous Sabine Schmidt at the wheel. A double plus.

Try this bunch - Jochen Schweizer.

Disclaimer: They may not have exactly what you want up on the website as a pre-arranged package, but it would be a good place to ask.

Jochen Schweizer is your best bet. I used them, went paragliding for only 40 euros. They have forumala 1 cars, lamborginis, ferraris ect. for one of these type of special days. Check it out.

Quato: Yes, and - if you are lucky - you get to go round with the famous Sabine Schmidt at the wheel. A double plus.

As far as I know, Sabine doesn´t do the Ring Taxi any more...unfortunately. :unsure:

Disclaimer:

The closest I know would be Hockenheim Ring in BW. They offer a similar package, but the track just does not compare to Green Hell... B)

But, while I´m at it: http://www.hockenheimring.net/en/tourist-rides

When planning your budget, keep in mind the cost of gas. My extremely thrifty diesel BMW sucks down about 13 Euro worth of gas per hour on the autobahn. I'm guessing that having fun in a Ferrari will cost you about 25 to 30 Euro/hour minimum in gas on top of rental fees.

Does anybody rent by the hour? I'm guessing driving a Ferrari is about the same as sex--I could have all the fun I need in the first ten minutes, the rest is a bit superfluous.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for your replies, they have been really helpful.

I think I might opt for HockenheimRing. They offer a Race'N'Roll experience where you can drive with Nicolas Armindo for 3 laps as YOUR co-pilot!!

Sounds like fun :D

Also MyDays is great site going organise paintball as well!!

Muchas Gracias