Carter's now ships to Germany

18 posts in this topic

Thought some of you parents might like to know that Carter's, a famous American brand of baby and children's clothing, is now shipping to Germany and many other international destinations.

My daughter wore mostly Carter's clothing when she was a baby/toddler in Munich. I found the clothes more affordable, practical, and attractive, and cheaper than most clothes I found in Germany.

No, I don't work for them, just thought some of you might be interested. This would have been BIG news for me as a mom in Germany.

Where do you see the info about free shipping the next 3 days?

Change the country to Germany and you get this banner:

post-47703-13419389090082_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip, cinzia

But it also says that you will be subject to customs charges and delivery will be 6-13 buisness days..

I got an e-mail on it from Carter's. I don't see that on the site, though. There's no discount code given in the e-mail. I wonder if you attempted to make an order for the next three days, it would show zero for shipping costs?

If you like, you can PM me your e-mail address, and I will forward my e-mail from Carter's to you.

Edit: the rest of you got there before before I did.

@SpiderPig, I don't think there's any way around the customs charges and longer delivery time. Those would be the same circumstances if someone in the States were to buy the clothes and send them on to Germany, of course.

But it also says that you will be subject to customs charges and delivery will be 6-13 buisness days..

In fact, it says that the prices (shown in euros) already include applicable customs charges. So no nasty surprises.

And there's always the off chance that they will pass it through without charging customs, if they decide the amount is too small to bother with.

When I first clicked on the "German" option, A pop-up appeared and it said that customs duties may be applied...

Please can you copy and paste the part you are quoting?

But customs shouldn't be a problem if you have them ship items individually (hey, shipping's free, right?), so that no individual item/package goes over the customs-free limit for purchased goods (what is it, like 25 Euros or something)? Wouldn't that work, or am I missing something?

My mistake (I was quoting from memory) - it says that applicable customs duties and import VAT are listed on the checkout page. So still no nasty surprises.

post-47703-13419406845177.jpg

My boy is outfitted in 50% Carter's, 50% German gear. Hands down he gets more ladies when in Carter's, and with the savings can afford to buy them a drink. Smartly dressed and sensible? Eight-month-old Ladykiller.

Thank you, Cinzia! This is such great news! I literally just did a $200 order last week to pick up when I visit my parents in the States next month (I was stocking up on the next two sizes up), but I will use the international shipping option all the time from now on. And with two more days of free shipping, I might have to take another peek and see if there's anything else I might need. YIPPEEEEE... What a happy day! Thanks again for sharing this info with us!

My pleasure, I'm glad this is useful to some of you. I got a good response when I posted for friends on FB, too.

I still buy kid clothes from Carter's (though now direct from the store in Austin), which is why I got the e-mail in the first place. I really like their stuff, and will be sad when Eliza has finally grown out of their sizes.

Awesome and they hav e a 40 percent off sale too. Thanks for the heads up.

And even with customs its still cheaper and cuter and in my biased opinion better quality then what German stores offer.

Yeah, what is it with ugly German kid clothes? They are replicas of adult clothes. I rarely find anything pretty for a girl. And if I do find something pretty, it is above 40 euros. The boy clothes are a little better but so expensive. MIL buys a million clothes for kids and then complains that I don't put them on them. That's because they're ugly.

Love Carters! I can't wait to order stuff but their toddler sizing is really weird. My 2.5 year old is wearing 3T and 4T from Carters.

They cut the free shiping one day early. Which is fine I will live. I rather my mom bring it since carters assigns vat even if under the 22 euro. My 14.00 outfit has 5.00 taxes added on.

By the way the normal intenational shipping price for 2 outfits came up 32 euro. For that I can add in 20 bucks and have my mom ship me a 20 pound box, they really need to get more realistic shipping costs. No 2 outfits cost 32 euro to ship. Even if they wanted to be lazy and use a fre versus by weight it would be 15 USD max for up to 4 pounds.

I was at TK Maxx yesterday and noticed they carry Carter's brand baby/kid clothes. Of course, it's only a few pieces in varying sizes, but you may get lucky!

If anyone ordered, please be aware that Carter's have grossly overestimated the contents value on my parcel, so instead of a nicely under-the-limit parcel I am now engaged in an argument with DHL over whether I need to pay more Zoll.