Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I flew half-way around the world for a guy...

113 posts in this topic

Sorry if the post is at wrong place but I really hope to hear the point of view from TT.

I am gay and a month and half ago I flew half of the world to Münich to find a friend who I knew from internet

almost 10 month ago. I went there with high risk without his real address and name, only with the hint I got and

the information found from online telefonbuch. I met a lot of trouble,wrong address and bad neighbour but I still found him finally. What I got is 20 minutes walk and 40 minutes lunch.

Although he was friendly but he said he was busy. I wonder if he really busy or he was pushing me.

Now already 6 weeks after Münich but I still couldn't think peacefully and always hope to hear from him.

Do you think am I extreamly idiot or crazy? If you were me, what would you do?

Um, I don't know the scene here in Munich - not being gay myself, but it does sound like perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree here.

Good luck finding something more promising though.

If I were you, what I would *have* done is contact this guy first, rather than turn up on his doorstep and expect him to welcome me with open arms. You know nothing about this guy except what he told you through the internet, the anonymity of which allows people to say anything they want, true or not. Maybe he already has a boyfriend; maybe he's not even gay. I don't think you're an idiot, but I think you may be best off forgetting about him. Good luck.

Are you really saying that you flew half way around the world to hookup with someone who didn't invite you?

Without telling him first to give him the chance to say don't bother?

What are you leaving out of this tale?

He didn't give you money, did he?

Did he promise to?

Would it be rude to laugh outloud? And maybe even roll around on the floor a little bit? :blink:

Oh AnthonyInEurope, you old cynic, have you never been in love?!

The guy was smitten. Unfortunately, this stopped him from thinking straight.

This reminds me - what happened to the guy who was looking for the English girl he met at Oktoberfest ?? Tommy or something was his name

You have only known him on the internet and decided to investigate his whereabouts and just show up at his doorstep without an invitation and without telling him in advance. What else do you expect? I for one would be freaked out. You are lucky he gave you an hour of his time.

Do you think am I extreamly idiot or crazy?

both

You really did that?

I'd say you're definitely a bit ummm... extreme?

Not necessarily in a bad way. I think a lot of us have been in this weird place where you go totally nuts because you think you found the love of your life.

Been there too. Also at the other end of the world.

Thankfully I am way too lazy to actually do something about weird ideas a la "I will pop in for a surprise visit".

I'd say you made a silly move there. Internet: cheaters, liars and fakers.

Gay-Internet: cheaters, liars and fakers x2 (gay myself so I'm not making fun of you).

I'd be seriously freaked if someone I talked to on the internet would show up at my doorstep. Especially when I never gave out my address. Damn Google Earth.

It is very stalkerish but hey, happens.

I hope you signed up for the frequent flyer miles program of your airline before you left!

Sorry if the post is at wrong place but I really hope to hear the point of view from TT.

I am gay and a month and half ago I flew half of the world to Münich to find a friend who I knew from internet

almost 10 month ago. I went there with high risk without his real address and name, only with the hint I got and

the information found from online telefonbuch. I met a lot of trouble,wrong address and bad neighbour but I still found him finally. What I got is 20 minutes walk and 40 minutes lunch.

Although he was friendly but he said he was busy. I wonder if he really busy or he was pushing me.

Now already 6 weeks after Münich but I still couldn't think peacefully and always hope to hear from him.

Do you think am I extreamly idiot or crazy? If you were me, what would you do?

i'd say you are an absolute freak and need to get a life to be honest. This is just scary if true. Jesus christ mate are you f***ing mad?

Please tell me this is an absolute joke and you still aren't walking the streets of munich for gods sake.

This screams "STALKER"! I mean I've done some pretty crazy things in the name of love, but FFS if you showed up at my door uninvited after a few months of online chat, I'm afraid that the best you could hope for would be a "Fuck off you crazy twat" perhaps followed by a bit of mace sprayed directly into your eyes. But that's just me.

i'd say you are an absolute freak and need to get a life to be honest. This is just scary if true. Jesus christ mate are you f***ing mad?

Please tell me this is an absolute joke and you still aren't walking the streets of munich for gods sake.

Its hard not to be judgemental when faced with such a story. I can understand how you'd be smitten with someone who could seem so perfect so far away. But the story you tell is the kind of plot line that makes for a good horror movie! I have to admit that if some girl I chatted to online turned up at my doorstep I would immediately start to worry for the safety of my pet rabbit and hide all the pans in the kitchen. I can well imagine thats the kind of shock you gave this guy so I am sorry to say i would be very surprised if he is still interested after this! Move on, and give your credit cards to your mother for safe keeping and supervised use!

This has to be a hoax.

Not the best but a pretty good wind up all the same

Personally I think the story is quite uplifting. It gave hope to aspiring bunny-boilers everywhere.