Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cheap English lessons

101 posts in this topic

It's really very simple. You only get what you pay for. Low price = shoddy product. Always!
A lof of the time you pay for the brand name. For example, I blindfolded a couple of my gravediggers the other day. I gave them a glass of Aldi and a well-known brand beer. They both prefered the Aldi beer.

Same for goes for language schools. My experience is, that some well-known schools employ teachers with little experience. An independent English teacher can often give better training at a much better price.

So good luck to IRISHBOY 24 because a little competition is good for everyone.

The church is in agreement.

I'd agree, competition is good. I'll also say that IRISHBOY24 is no competition. I just figure if he wants free advertising, he should be prepared for some backlash.

Showem, right on all counts. A bucket of ice cream and strawberries is on its way to you by courier.

AND the new unabridged EGU with CD/DVD/PC and coffeemaker.

:D

@Garibaldi

Obviously you are a member of the cartel but you can send me some ice cream as well :rolleyes:

I'll also say that IRISHBOY24 is no competition.

Considering that statement, how come you're so fired up about him then?

Good luck IB24! Not everyone has the means to afford expensive language schools, good there are tutors of all price levels around. And competition keeps us consumers happy too :)

BTW I learnt German here in Munich first in the MVHS it was great! Then I splashed out on an expensive OU course with tutor once a week and it was rubbish. I'd also say paying more does not necessarily guarantee quality, in this case and in general.

i haven't knowingly read any of his posts, but in his defence maybe he does know grammar etc & just doesn't bother here because it's only online.. i know i don't.. however if he's getting your/you're wrong etc you've got to worry.

but for beginners, the teaching skills are often more important than the teacher's expertise.. i used to teach music to beginners & am by no means the greatest musician ever, but getting people to play stuff / speak english & have confidence in that is the point really at the start at least

who's to say he does have teaching skills though.. got any references irishboy?

& this is probably irrelevant, but i don't think i'd want language lessons from someone whose username was all in caps..

'Second sentence'? Just confirms you're fired up about him, to me anyway.

@ LK What does having a forum name in capitals prove/disprove in this case?

nothing, just personal choice, it startles me. easily done though, i'm like a nervous pony.

Usernames written in allcaps are frightening. They indicate mental instability, penned up aggression or similar. I can't prove that, naturally. Just my humble opinion.

Are you being sarcastic, because that is what i actually think, though i didn't realise it before. (but if i had realised it, i would have thought pent-up instead of penned up. (this is the english fighting thread after all.) Now I'm annoying myself, and i'll have to go and do some work..)

Are you being sarcastic, because that is what i actually think, though i didn't realise it before.

No, I am not being sarcastic. Otherwise, I'd be JENNY L not Jenny L.

(but if i had realised it, i would have thought pent-up instead of penned up. (this is the english fighting thread after all.)

Just keeping you on your toes. ;)

CAPITALS DO NOT MEAN A PERSON IS UNSTABLE NOR DOES IT INDICATE AGGRESSION. I HOPE YOU TWO HAVE FUCKING GOT THAT NOW!

CAPITALS DO NOT MEAN A PERSON IS UNSTABLE NOR DOES IT INDICATE AGGRESSION. I HOPE YOU TWO HAVE FUCKING GOT THAT NOW!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. :D

even JENNY L just then has made me jump a little bit. i think i haven't had enough chocolate/sunshine/sleep. since my name is all lower case i can't really throw stones, but it doesn't seem as bad somehow.

thank you for keeping my on my toes. it's comfortable in these stout boots.

or jenny l

That would indicate a low self-esteem/lack of confidence. ;)

Edit- nevermind. It's better not to take what I say seriously (she says as she realizes everyone she's conversing with has no capital letters in their names... :unsure: ). Perhaps you're all too lazy to use caps. :)

This made me cry. I hope you like tears, as i'm saving them in a jar to post to you.