English-speaking therapists w/Kassenzulassung

7 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Scoured these forums and found many a thread where someone is asking for an English-speaking Therapist or psychotherapist etc. in or near the city who takes public insurance...

...and a lot of answers where someone recommends their favorite psychologist or therapist with the disclaimer that they only take private insurance.

Well, my significant other and I may be in need of a lot of therapy / couples therapy, and financially things are already extremely tight - I'm hoping we can at least get some answers here that meet all of the criteria.

So please, who do we see?

Dunno. But I know a friend in NRW used an English speaking therapist on the public (AOK), so I know that you can call them and ask them (as she did).

@ Lee - for goodness sake stop re-posting your advert!!!

You have so far posted the same thing 6 times in a row - maybe more by the time I finish writing this(!)

Just for reference, there are certain rules about advertising on TT, which you might like to familiarize yourself with.

I agree with rob!  Lee, good luck with your business and I hope you can build your reputation on here but it will help if you support the forum  and get actively involved: advertise yourself professionally!

https://www.toytowngermany.com/xtra/pages/advertise.html

AND go the extra mile..if you see someone on here with " issues " which you think you can give a professional opinion on, post on here! Otherwise, you are just another of thousands..be unique! ( Or close to it! )

It's not clear whether he is a licensed therapist and psyshrink is not covered by the public system. IMO, he should mention that.

I checked the website as I was curious. The group is offering private services to expats all over the world.  Really not applicable to the average publically insured person in Germany who needs services (states that partial reimbursement may exist when a publically insured individual can prove that the wait time for a therapist covered by public insurance is too long).