English speaking jobs in Bamberg

29 posts in this topic

Been raining a fair bit today, nowhere near 34 I can tell you! Sounds lovely, looking to get there in September as I say so probably won't see much of the sun by that point haha.

September expect snow and -30 in the winter. Year before we had snow on the ground October till May, 8 months of the crap.

Wow, sounds pretty mental! I haven't seen snow in 2 and a half years so I'll be looking forward to it.

I´m an american looking for English speaking jobs in Bamberg also. I have sort of resigned myself to a job in Berlin perhaps, and then commuting back on weekends. While I agree that a job on the Army base is a good idea, bear in mind that it is closing, they have already started moving people out, and will likely be completely empty by middle or end of next year (per the local newspaper), so it´s not a long term solution.

Why on earth Berlin? There are no jobs there. Check Erlangen/Nürnberg. Closer commute and more likely to find a job. Even Frankfurt is closer (and has better employment rates) than Berlin.

mandy939, I did state in an earlier post that Bamberg base will close next year and will be empty in 2014. As a temp job on location its perfect to look around. Why would you take a job in Berlin its a long drive and where is there English speaking jobs there. Would be best if you tried the army Base in Graf, if you have been in Germany under 90 days you could work on the base as an American, if you have already been here longer and are registered in Germany then a job on the German system is your only option. Graf is only 1 1/4 from Bamberg by car or train about 2 hours with a change in Bayreuth.

Yes, I´ve thought of Frankfurt, but I don´t care for the city...at all! and also don´t know anyone there. I have been searching Erlangen/Nürnberg, but haven´t found anything. Berlin is not ideal, but I would get an apartment there, if I am lucky enough to get a job, and already know some people there, which is a plus.

I apologise that I did not see the statement about Bamberg closing. Likely it´s much closer than 2014.

Berlin is not ideal, but I would get an apartment there, if I am lucky enough to get a job,

I think your job prospects are worse in Berlin than they are in Bamberg. Did you see Techgirl's suggestion?

Why on earth Berlin? There are no jobs there. Check Erlangen/Nürnberg. Closer commute and more likely to find a job. Even Frankfurt is closer (and has better employment rates) than Berlin.

Did anyone find a job yet? I'm looking to move to Nuremberg, but I only speak english