Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Happy American Thanksgiving

45 posts in this topic

Happy Turkey Day! Saving our turkey for a meetup with friends, but will be eating to the point of disgust with you all in spirit.

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Americans. In the spirit of the day a couple of sayings...

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. ~H.U. Westermayer

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food, for love and friends,

For everything Thy goodness sends.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

May the true spirit of Thanksgiving be upon us all.

PEACE

Nice gemeni. I will post my family's own words of wisdom

through the teethe

over the gums

lookout stomach

here it comes...

Happy T-day all...

happy thanksgiving to all the Americans i know. (weren't the pilgrims british btw. explains the inability to get the infrastructure up and running anyway. :ph34r: )

Thanks, Showem. Gives dark meat another meaning*. I am truly grateful to the pilgrims who survived because three of them are my ancestors.

*hides in the filing cabinet from PC-ists

Happy Turkey Day!!! Well, it's actually not Thanksgiving yet for me, since I still have to go to sleep and wake up again first. But yum, I can't wait! Hope y'all have a good one!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It's the time of the year I miss most in the US (I've never had to do any dreaded Turkey Day travelling)

Whatever its all about, happy thanksgiving to all the people who know whats its about. I'll be on hand as a TT thanksgiving turkey hotline ;)

For those who may be wondering or forgot your 2nd grade pilgrim play, here are a few Thanksgiving facts.

* On Dec 11th, 1620 the Mayflower landed in Plymouth Rock, MA. They started out with 102 passengers, of which 1/3 were seeking freedom for their religious practices.

* If you have never been on the North East Coast in Winter...damn bad time to be landing a boat and be homeless. Quite chilly. 46 persons died that first year.

* It is believed that the assistance of Native Americans was paramount to the survival of those remaining 56 persons.

* The harvest of 1621 was bountiful, and a 3 day feast was given in "Thanks". 91 Native Americans shared in the feast.

* The holiday was not an annual event for some years, and later was celebrated for multiple reasons, such as "victories" over the "heathen" natives (American Indians)...our old friends

* In 1676 George Washington declared June 29th as the first official "Thanksgiving"

* 1776 was the first time all 13 colonies celebrated Thanksgiving (coinciding with our Declaration of Independence)

* 1863 was the first time this was made a national holiday by President Lincoln, and moved to the November date.

*It is the most traveled day in the States, as families share the traditional turkey dinner together.

Totally. Hit 'n run posting; no time for readin' ;)

Happy Turkey day!

post-15-1132825778_thumb.jpg

:ph34r: