Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bubble tea and frozen yogurt in Munich

73 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a place to get Bubble Tea?

Wikipedia - Bubble tea

Bubble tea, pearl milk tea, or boba milk tea is a tea beverage mixture with milk. Originating in Taiwan, it is especially popular in Asia (Taiwan, PRC, Hong Kong, South Korea, the Philippines) as well as Europe, Canada, and the United States. It is also known as black pearl tea or tapioca tea.

I'm not really looking for a new career, just really want a sesame Bubble Tea and I can't seem to find any.

Interesting idea though...hmmmmm...

Will it sell well to the Europeans, I wonder. We could try setting up a TT Bubble Tea venture and run it on shifts during next summer's Tollwood. May spark off a craze, waddya think? :)

Not a bad idea actually. Europeans seem to hop on those fad drink crazes.

Now if only tapioca wasn't thoroughly repugnant..."tapioca pearls"...shudder.

Apparently, pregnancy cravings have complete disregard for seasons.

I'm going to try and make some, thanks for the links!

If you suceed, tell us and we'll put up a stall :)

We need one of those eerie dirty dolls to shake the tea like in Singaporean night markets though...

Sure I can get us one of those, my Dad can ship us all the things we need to create the right atmosphere. Just gotta work on making the tea taste right first! I bet the Germans would buy it. They seem to like foreign things.

Let's do it, kat. Our billboard should read "Great for pregnancy cravings, et al" :lol:

@georgiagirl - what's wrong with tapioca? :angry:

what's wrong with tapioca?

Allow me to illustrate.

A post-3697-1132582116.jpg B post-3697-1132582108.jpg C post-3697-1132582129.jpg

Regarding Example C: this seriously came up in my Google Image search for "tapioca". If that doesn't put you off the stuff I can't think what would.

I think we should call the stand Alf's Bubble Tea and advertise it as a Wellness Drink. Should do great business, it worked for Alf.

The thing I find most disturbing about that Alf image is that he appears to be packing some serious heat downstairs. Alarming. If tapioca is indeed responsible then your business will take off lickety-split.

Edit: I can't stop looking at it. I feel extremely uncomfortable. And yet mildly aroused.