What's your addiction?

What's your addiction?   131 votes

1. 1. I'm addicted to:

• Love (and especially those girls in that Robert Palmer video)
    • ToyTownMunich/other forums
    • Telephoning/texting
    • Shopping
    • Sex (What's love got to do with it?)
    • Cigarettes
    • Alcohol/Binge Drinking
    • Something else
  2. 2. Ever had treatment for it?

• Yes
    • No
    • It'd be an idea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

100 posts in this topic

i'm addicted to cheese. I only realized this a few months ago when it got the stage where I was eating cheese in every meal. The best thing is, my sister has the same addiction so when she comes to visit we just pig out on the stuff. She was over just last week and we discovered this amazing greek restaurant where almost every dish featured some kind of cheese.. mmm baked feta.. mmm fried halloumi.. mmm grated kefalotiri.. *drool* I have tried addressing the problem but I find my life is meaningless without it.

Loz_adele, your post is making my mouth water. I love cheese in the same way ... but somehow (and I find this totally crazy), I ended up marrying someone who is lactose-intolerant. We hardly ever have cheese in the house because even the sight or smell of it makes his stomach turn. It has been a bitter pill to swallow, although I wonder if this might secretly be the universe's way of keeping my cholesterol in check. (haha...) Regardless, when we go out to eat or when I get together with my sister and mom, it's cheese on everything. Mmm...

im addicted to life because i cannot accept death, so i created medicine- modern man.

whoa j.anne, not sure I could cope with that! My bf is always complaining about the amount of cheese I eat so I have tried to cut down but it's so hard! I once tried to have cheese just three times a week but I used up the whole allowance within two days and then couldn't hold out for the rest of the week. I guess if my bf was actually lactose intolerant then I would have more motivation to resist buying it but it'd be tough! I like to think I could do it. Most likely though I'd just end up with some kind of scary cheese-cache at work so I could munch it in secret..

I know! It seems like the no-cheese thing (and no dairy at all) would be a deal breaker for someone like me, but luckily he's worth it. (And he puts up with my crazy quirks, too.) But, you are so right about having a cheese cache at work - every single day I would eat something cheesy at lunch. And since he travels a lot for work, I can get my fix then, too. Mmm...

loz/j.anne: It's the other way round in my relationship. I am lactose intolerant (but luckily cheese tolerant, YAY!!!) and my bf hates cheese unless it's melted and on pizza.

I totally agree with you: A life without cheese is possible, but not really worth living :D

I voted love, because of the second part where you can say if you got treatment for it. Yup, I actually went to therapy for love addiction, or more accurately the associated depression. It worked!

I still have the little "addictions" like ice cream, chocolate, cheese, candy, and the internet though. When I'm stressed by work (which is always) I absolutely need to read forums for at least an hour to calm down before I can concentrate on anything. If I read everything before I feel better I will just keep flipping between the ones I read looking for new posts, like a circling vulture.

I had a best friend the last three years but things have really gone south recently so we broke off contact. I'm very weak for her today... Attachment to her is my addiction!

@Schmitty...I'm sorry to hear that. I understand what you are going through, I've been there before. It's actually really heartbreaking when you realize that you and a best friend have grown apart :(

It does get better, it's kind of like breaking off a romantic relationship...you have to keep busy, and find new people to spend your time with, or "upgrade" one of your "not quite best friends" to the best friend position :P

Thank you miss Jane :)

we did go from being best friends...

to falling in love...

to breaking it off...

to trying again...

to stop getting along.

i've been working on that a lot today. i know my life cant go on like this. i have the opportunity of a lifetime now so i better keep my game-face on, damn it!

@ Schmitty,

Oh so you lost your BFF and lover all in one!!! I'm sorry to hear that. What usually helps me is to think about all of the annoying habits and behaviors the person had, and why I don't want them anymore...not the best psychology, but whatever works right? :P

Yes, keep your game-face on!!! And whatever you do don't pick up the phone and dial!!! Best to never let somebody know just how much they mind-f*cked you :D

oh if i showed you the list of nachteilen i made, you would think i was...

a very bad, bad person :D

i appreciate your advice so much! seems like you've been reading my mind, too! ;)

(about the phone call, that is)

i'm addicted to cheese.

I can totally relate to that loz', I stopped smoking 7 months ago and have had absolutely no problem staying off the evil weed, but since then I have been stuffing my face with cheese. Seriously, there is something in that stuff that flips the same switch in my brain as a puff on a cancer stick does.. (and I haven't put on any weight, so there is no incentive to cut down on my 'cheese habit'.)