Meetup in or around Koblenz

8 posts in this topic

I'm half American / half German, was raised bilingual and would like to raise my daughter (6months) bilingual as well. The problem is that I'm the only one providing her English input so far.

I am very interested in meeting other English-speaking moms, moms to be or non-moms.

Maybe I should add that I'm not looking for someone to talk to my daughter :)

I miss talking to other English speakers face to face – and of course my daughter would benefit...

Hi Fragile196,

I also live in Koblenz, and I think I qualify as a non-mom:) Although I'm not American I used to live there and would love to meet and talk to Americans in the neighborhood! So if you're up to a meeting some time, feel free to drop me a note in my inbox, maybe we can get together for coffee or something.

And I would be happy to talk to your daughter, if you don't mind her listening to someone with a European accent:)

Hi

I'm an english mum (with a daughter of 2yrs) living a little further up the rhein in linz (between Koblenz and Bonn) and would love to link up with other english speakers. I'm on school holidays at the moment so am available to meet during the week. Let me know if you're still interested.

Thanks

Hello,

I am a native English speaker from the states and I currently reside in Neuwied with my (German) husband. I am working on my German skills but sorely missing interacting in English as well. We are expecting our first child in December and intend on raising him to be bilingual as well. I would love to get together and get some feedback on how you are doing it and just to chat also.

Cheers,

Brynn

I know I'm waking up a dead thread but I would like to know if there is still a meet up going on for English speaking mom's... I'm going to be one in about 2 weeks and I'm really looking for English speaking moms to learn about handling baby things here in Germany as well as just to have nice conversations... I'm quite interested in non-mom topics as well.. 

Bonn, where there are lots of UN and other international organisations and numerous residents from abroad, is not far from Koblenz by train. I bet there are some people in or near Bonn who might be interested, you could try networking, contacting the Oxford Club Bonn for example.

On 03/01/2022, 16:32:51, Fietsrad said:

Bonn, where there are lots of UN and other international organisations and numerous residents from abroad, is not far from Koblenz by train. I bet there are some people in or near Bonn who might be interested, you could try networking, contacting the Oxford Club Bonn for example.

Thank you, will do