Earthquake felt in Munich, Tuesday May 29, 2012

18 posts in this topic

Wow. I felt that too, but thought the guy downstair washing machine was being particularly feisty.

Just found this map that lists all the earthquakes around the world, and you can adjust for the severity, etc.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

I'm not far from Kistlerhofstr. and thought it was the rubbish collectors going by.

It set my toddler's singing potty off, too.

Actually, did anyone feel it in the U-Bahn? My todd's off on an Ausflug and I could imagine if it was felt underground she'd get a bit scared.

I don't think it's really necessary. My understanding is that everyone in Munich is loaded. If the apartment building falls down we'd just move out to the summer place at Starnberg until the builders can come.

I am so "shook up" about this I think I have to go home! ;-)

is there something like "tremor-frei"..? ...doh

It was felt pretty strongly here in Milan, to the point of being a little upsetting. People didn't make a run for it but it came pretty close. Of course, it helps that my office is in the 6th floor of a rather old building.

Ciao,

DG800

We thought it was the diggers on the B12 (which has been rerouted this week past my gent's place - not impressed). Spooky.

Mind you, I was in NZ for this one, which woke me up from a jetlagged sleep. Briefly. Got told it was an earthquake and said "Yeah. Ok" then went back to sleep *blush*

Also remember the 002 Munich one - my cup fell off my desk, but didn't break. Phew.

I was in Christchurch for this one.

Threw me across the lounge away from all the glass that was about to fall from the shelf behind where I was sitting. Epic EQ that one.