Living in Aschheim

26 posts in this topic

Hi,

we are considering moving to Aschheim, we work in Garching so the connection to work is good I guess, does anybody have any experience on living there with children? Is the elementary school good, is it in general a children firndly atmosphere with nice places to take your kids etc?

Would love to get some advice on that. We have been looking for a long time and this seems to be a good oportunity, but we have almost no information on this town.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Thats not a real problem for us, we live at the moment 5 minutes away from a S-bahn station and almost never use it...my concern goes more to good schools and a children friendly environment in general. Thanks!

Hi ask,

Did you move to Aschheim? I'm considering to take an apartment there: nice buildings, quiet location, bus is ok if truly necessary (if not using car).

We also found 7 kindergartens if I'm not wrong. Can you tell me more about it?

Go for it, a rich village (mostly upper middle class) with lots of kindergartens and many new houses. The area itself is nothing special. A quick bikeride away from the smaller "Heimstettner See" or the bigger "Feringasee".

Greetings from Kirchheim

Hi,

just came across this old thread and was wondering if there are any TTers living in Aschheim? We´re thinking about moving there with a toddler and would really love to hear some firsthand experiences with KITAs, schools, doctors etc.

many thanks in advance!

Public transport (Sbahn) is not really "Near", its a good 10-20min walk away.

You've got the Roberto Beach "sportpark" though, with automatic waterski thingy (never seen it in the U.S., so don't know what it's called) and an indoor volleyball "terrarium" with palm trees :D

It's boring as hell out there and fuck all to do.

Couldn't agree more!!

Public transport (Sbahn) is not really "Near", its a good 10-20min walk away.

Actually it is 15 mins to S-Bahn with the bus!

You've got the Roberto Beach "sportpark" though, with automatic waterski thingy (never seen it in the U.S., so don't know what it's called) and an indoor volleyball "terrarium" with palm trees

Yep, I aint sure if Roberto Beach is still running considering that the indoor volleyball "terrarium" with palm trees caught bad fire recently.

I prefer Ismaning, quite, not a city feel but still got that village flair and also has a newly built indoor swimming pool. Besides not far from the airport gives a plus whenever one has to travel. Isamaning has its own annual festival with live music and cosy atmosphere besides having patches of green trees giving you that you are in some wilderness/forest. A small stream runs through Ismaning and gives its own charm (well atleast for me :rolleyes: whenver i visit Ismaning) besides that Waldorfschule/Kintergarten being within its vicinity.

Edited 1: Isamaning also has a child dentist. The other end of Isamaning shares its border with the English garden at the far end and is actaully quite a nice bike ride. It has a small hidden lake (not Feringasee) which is not overly crowded during the summers and gives you that nice relaxing feel.

Edited 2: due to proximity of trade center and autobahn, aschheim has an unusual heavy traffic during the trade fairs; it gets worse when Bauma or some other big crap of an event is taking place. Buses are often late early mornings and arrive at the S-Bahn stop where you have to factor in additional 7-8 mins of waiting time. Often the wonderfully S2 is also running late which adds to the agony. Feldkirchen/Kirchheim-Heimstetten seems to be a good option if you intend to travel with S-Bahn to work in the city often!

hey all, Thank You for the help! I forgot to tag this topic to watch and didn't realize there were any replies.

We´ve decided to give the house in Aschheim a pass as we haven't been able justify forking out 600k for a 'reihenmittelhaus' that needs quite a bit of work... In all fairness, I think the house is pretty good value considering the decent connection to the S-Bahn and driving distance to the city. The neighborhood also seems nice enough though a tad removed... Anyway, we´re back to the drawing board for now. Hopefully, not for too long.

ps. @Mit, thanks for the reco on Ismaning! will def look into it.

600k in Aschheim!!! Thats Nucking Futz!!! You can practically get a mansion 10km farther down the S2 Line... I'd pass on that place too.

There is no Sbahn in Aschheim, its a 15-20min bus ride away in Heimstetten. Public trans in Aschheim sucks..

Yes... Keep looking, 600k is about 200-300k too much for that location. Esp. if its a burned out / badly damaged place.

Pretty old thread since last comment was in 2015, how does Aschheim looks now. We are planning to move there, but looks like it would be same.

Although, there is no S-Bahn but I think the bus route from Aschheim to RiemArcaden is quite reliable.

I have 4.5 years old daughter and want to know how is the elementary school in Aschheim. Does it have good reviews? Anybody have kids going there?

I'd rather choose Riem simply on account of international exposure rather than sleepy & dull Aschheim besides being in a very old-school mentality teaching idealogy. I've heard first-hand horror stories due to change in the school administration giving nightmares. The Grundschule is extremely strict in a way that I have not heard from Munich Grundschule counterparts of colleagues who kids are attending. Even neighboring Kirchheim/Feldkirchen got good reviews, Kirchheim has a Gymnasium which was voted as best in Germany in 2017 (Link)

Thanks @emale

I think there is no gymnasium in Aschheim so going to Kirchheim Gymnasium would be great, but from your comments it looks like Elementary school in Aschheim is not that great.