All-time favorite movies

211 posts in this topic

If I had to pick a fave (hard to do...there's lots), i.e., one I would sit down and watch any time anyone was viewing it, it'd be a tossup between The Princess Bride and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

(very annoying with the quotes and giggling before certain gags, as well...)

Ooh, excellent choices, papa_g. I might put them in the opposite order, though. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead before Princess Bride. Now that you mention it, those two are probably up there even with my choice given above - that one was just off the top of my head.

Just a side note that has nothing to do with this post. How do you get those comments under your name. YOu know, when you type a screen name in the search option, then click on the person. Right under, lets say, vishalarora, there is just "member" but no comment. How do I change that.

Gotta admit, V., I much prefer Jackson's earlier work, esp. Bad Taste and most especially Heavenly Creatures. But then, I was never much of a Tolkien fan.

Don't get me wrong: they're fine movies. Just not among my faves.

@IPJ--no particular order. I'd sit down for either equally fast. But w/ an 8 year old in tow, The Princess Bride does come up with a bit more regularity.

V.--at the bottom of the page, to the right, is a button that says 'Edit my profile'. Click and fill in the appropriate fields.

I am there, but dont find the place to fill this in. For example, for qwerty, it says Qwerty as in keyboard. YOu know what i mean, but i cant get this. Sorry, maybe i am just too tired. I tried to change my signature, but something is wrong, i cannot even put a single letter in. I tried to put just VISH and then hit ok, but it says that it is too long. I think something is wrong with the system.

V.: The appropriate field is 'Custom member title'. If putting something in there doesn't work for you, I'm clueless.

Nope, it's not disabled. It's there. Just look at the bottom of your own profile to find "Edit my profile" at the bottom of the page. Click on that, and it's obvious.

V.: The appropriate field is 'Custom member title'. If putting something in there doesn't work for you, I'm clueless.

Sorry, custom member title is not there for sure, it is disabled then.

Thanks though, good night, well, good morning is more like it.

"The Great Dictator" by the wonderful Charles Chaplin

cos it´s very funny, tragic , dramatic and timeless. If anyone has not seen this , well then they should!

Love Actually is my fav...Indianna Jones and the Last Crusade, Goonies, and just about every cheesey 80's flick are up there too.

WAY too many movies to choose from! i love movies oto much!

definately-- I Heart Huckabees

but there's also Dead Poets Society, Amelie, Shawshank Redemption

and of cour there's Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, The Motorcycle Diaries, A Beautiful Mind, The Chorus (Les Choristes), The American President, When Harry Met Sally, Full Metal Jacket,

Pirates of the Carribean, Finding Neverland, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Harry Potter (but books better)

etc etc (not fav's but also good is Miracle, nat'l treasure, coach carter, bend it liek beckham, The Station Agent, oh the list could go on and on... these are just off the top of my head!) B)