Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Police catch bicycle thief gang in Giesing

3 posts in this topic

If your bike got stolen in Giesing in the night from Friday the 11.May.2012 to Saturday the 12.May.2012, get in contact with the police.

Here is the press release, which mentions the bicycle thief gang at Nr. 858

http://www.polizei.bayern.de/muenchen/news/presse/aktuell/index.html/156480

Years ago they came with a truck and stole all the bikes out the back of a friends apartment. Everyone in the apartments had to go out and buy new bikes. This time they all chained them securely to the bike rack. 2 weeks later, the bike rack, complete with all the new bikes attached to it, was stolen too. "I hadn't even got round to putting the pedals on it" he said!

So the lesson to learn is, if your bike was stolen, get bolt-cutters and a truck!

I love the part in the police report which states "eine nicht sofort überschaubare Anzahl von Fahrrädern " which means that the truck was so overloaded with bikes they couldn't count them. Probably police language. Glad that they were caught.

In Amsterdam this sometimes happens on broad daylight. People believe that authorities gave the order to remove bicycles attached to railings of bridges which is not allowed, but nobody rides a new bicycle in Amsterdam :)

I put my bicycle in my private basement to make sure it stays there and not outside. Also a good tip for winter time.