English-speaking lawyer recommendations

40 posts in this topic

OK, so a friend of mine has found himself in a little bit of bother with the local bobbies and i am wondering if anyone can recommend an english speaking lawyer that he can talk to as well as represent him ?

Have done a search but that has yielded mainly tax lawyers and property lawyers.

Just looking for a straightforward local solicitor as you would find in the UK.

Cheers

Advertisement links: Dr. Prymusala & Colleagues and Dr. Jung & O'Hara-Jung

Hello,

I need a good lawyer that speaks German and English. Preferrable one that does not cost a ton.

We are having problems with a car we purschased through a special program specifically for Americans.

Thanks,

Mark Buerkle

We are having problems with a car

Wouldn't a mechanic be a better choice? ;)

In all seriousness I'd contact your embassy and ask 'em for a list of approved bi-lingual lawyers - there will be loads.

(and if the U.S. embassy can't or won't help, look on the British Consulate's webpage - there's a list there somewhere).

Or try one of this lot: Munich lawyers

Can anyone recommend a lawyer in the Munich area to look over a real estate contract ?

Someone available on short notice would be good ... just decided I better get someone to look it over b4 I go ahead with this thing.

Thanks

Topics merged by admin

Hi All

I've posted my problem in Finance Area..regarding my wallet lost and money withdrawn from the ATM by a thief..Here is the link

Money withdrawn from ATM by thief

In regards to this ,I need legal advice.Can anyone recommend a good lawyer..preferably English Speaking in Munich Area...

Can anyone tell me how much would the lawyer charge for this type of a case...

Topics merged by admin

can't begin to estimate a price, but can highly recommend a lawyer I used recently. My problem was fairly long and complex, but she handled it extremely well.

I believe she's Russian, but fluent in German and English.

Maria Melzer M.B.L.-HSG

Rechtsanwältin

Jakubowicz & Collegen

Rechtsanwälte / Advocates

Brienner Straße 21

80333 München

Telefon: + 49 (0)89 5999 56 0

Telefax: + 49 (0)89 5999 56 10

Email: info@melzer-law.de

Hi,

please contact Mr. Axel Laurich. His office is near Isartor.

He has won for me one absolutely impossible case on Ebay. I've got all my money back!!!

Axel Laurich

Rechtsanwalt

Laurich & Laurich

Rechtsanwälte

Steinsdorfstr. 15, D - 80538 München

tel. +49 (0) 89 - 59992620 fax +49 (0) 89 - 59992621

mail@ra-laurich.de

I am an American lawyer here in Munich (licensed in the U.S.) and although I am the only non-German lawyer, everyone in my office is english-speaking. The majority of my clients are either Americans living here in Germany or Germans living in the U.S. The other guys in my office are all licensed here in Germany although they have all worked in the U.S. at some point in their past. We do not specialize in criminal, but we will do some criminal work every so often. We can of course offer some advise and recommendations of other lawyers that do specialize in criminal work. Our specialties are corporate, small/middle sized business, real estate, immigration and arbitration. PM me if you would like more information, or just need to talk to an english-speaking attorney. Our website is www.bridgehouselaw.de

Sarah

can anyone recommend please...I can't see anything in the advertisers section

I need to know if i'm OK to withhold money until repairs are done and tested.

cheers

PS

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

www.mieterverein-muenchen.de/tenants.htm

Should be able to help you.

Good luck

BCG

P.S. having problems making the link active.

Apologies, I didn't make the situation clear in the post.

It's not a rental situation, it's our house that we commissioned. We moved in and the snagging list still isn't finished after 10 months.

The house builder keeps hassling us for the last 5% even though we have well documented issues with our balkony and water ingress.

Holding back money until issues are sorted out is commomplace in England but I don't want to fall foul of German law.

They have agreed to sort the problems out, but at this stage its far from clear if the issue has been resolved.

I need to know if we are legally O.K. here to withhold the cash?

PS

Hi there!

Does anyone know of or has experience of a good English Speaking lawyer in Munich. I have a personal issue that i need to get resolved asap - so would be very appreciative of any recommendations.

Many Thanks!

I am in search of an English speaking lawyer in Munich, hopefully one that I can atleast have look over a work contract for me for a small or null fee. I don't make much and thus normal attorney fees would put me heavily in debt.

My employer (I will keep anonymous and call them ABC, henceforth.) has over the past six months made countless breaches of the contract I have with them. One big issue here is that I have a work visa that they sponsored, and I fear that if I bring an action against them I can lose my visa and be sent back to the United States, leaving behind my fiancee with the apartment we can barely afford.

Such breaches consist of:

Underpaying not only myself but countless other employees by up to several hundred Euro a month. (This may not sound so terrible, but when you make one thousand Euro after taxes it is a huge loss.=

The contract I signed stated that per work week I would work six days at seven hours paid per day, followed by a minimum of a single day off (weekend.) Instead I have been made to work nine day work weeks with a single day off in-between, several times now.

The contract also states that 'ABC' would give me a total of one hundred and sixty hours of paid work per month, however since I started seven months ago I have never been given more than one hundred and forty. (Again, this sounds like a null issue, but recall that after taxes I make only one thousand Euro.)

With that, when I began work (new to Germany and all it's laws / regulations) I was told to get my lohnsteuerkarte. I was told by an employee at the Landsratamt in my area that I could do it online, to which he gave me the link. I proceeded to do so and was given an acknowledgement of my completion of the process. Skip ahead six months, I am told by my shift manager that the office wanted me to bring in my lohnsteuerkarte by the following day so that it could be processed and I would not have to face the heavy penalties associated with not having it. The issue being that I was told the lohnsteuerkarte was in working condition with them, also the following day I was required to work, something I could not get a pass on to get my lohnsteuerkarte. Thus, as you can imagine I was unable to get the tax card and now make around eight hundred a month (for the next few months) until my penalties are paid off. I went to ask them what happened and they merely said it was an accident and not their fault, that it was the computer's fault. (I've worked in IT for years, and the only mistakes computers make are the ones the user inputs.) There are several other breaches of contract, but I want to try and keep the rest of the post short.

Lastly, in regards to the harassment. I was asked several days ago at the start of the day if I could work on one of my free days as too many workers were absent (on vacation, sick, or unaccounted for.) I told him I was unable to do so as I had an appointment, which he understood and informed the office that I could not work. They later called me directly and asked if I could work, to which I gave the same response. Around an hour later the same woman who called me came into our work place and asked me and several other employees. We were all busy and she began to get upset, loud, far too close, and verbally aggressive. I told her that she was acting inappropriately and that what she was doing felt like harassment. She acknowledged that point but continued to get closer and closer to our faces raising her voice and telling us we had no choice and that we had to work. By the end of it all the other employees had for the most part stopped what they were doing (they could hear it easily over the very loud machines) and watched. I was not only worried that by defying them and taking off my contracted free time that I would lose my job, but also my work visa, being forced to return to the US. My shift manager saw the whole thing and some of the higher ups have been involved now, but nothing is really being done. After the end of the day in which the incident occurred, I was told to go to the office and talk with the boss of the woman who had verbally assaulted me. Once I arrived she continued to try covering her ass by saying what happened was not in any way harassment as sometimes people just get frustrurated. I went on to say that I was not an animal and deserved to be treated with basic human decency. I then went on to ask about the aforementioned breaches of my contract on their part, mostly noting the fact that in a period of twenty five days of work I was only receiving three days off. She said that under German law I could be required to work a maximum of ten days in a row at ten hours a day before I was given a single day off. This however, would be as I stated previously, a breach of my contract. I tried to explain that she may be right on the amount of hours a day and days without time off, but that it was still in violation of the employer employee contract that we both signed when I began work. I was then refused further answers and made to leave.

So if anyone has any advice on this, or any lawyers that not only could help me on this but also speak English, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for any and all help,

Erik.

p.s. should I see if I am in a union and contact them about the issue? Again, thanks for the info!

p.s. should I see if I am in a union

I'm confused by this. Did you join a Union? If not, then you're not automatically in one - unless there's a weird law in Germany that I don't know about.

She said that under German law I could be required to work a maximum of ten days in a row at ten hours a day before I was given a single day off.

I do not believe this to be true, but others will comment. However I have seen that the absolute maximum is 60 hours per week.

This link (in German) may be of interest (I acnnot judge how correct it is).

I have a serious bank problem and need some help from an English speaking " German bank paperwork understanding person."

My husband died and I now have my Certificate of Inheritance (which took ages) and the bank has produced

Paperwork with huge discrepancies and are most unhelpful and threatening.

Does anyone have a reliable lawyer or accountant or is just able to sit down with me and explain to the bank in German

...they refuse to speak in English...what their errors are? Charging compound interest at 17% for example!

That sounds as if I have lots of money...sadly I don't!! But I definitely need some HELP.

I am in TaufKerchen