Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Letting agents for unfurnished apartments

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been struggling enquiring unfurnished apartment rental in Munich.

I moved to Munich last week. My furniture is now in the storage at Gloucester and it's got to be moved to Munich by the end of July. I tried immobilenscouts24 and immowelt websites and made some contacts with landlords/letting agencies. Everytime when I enquiry by emails in English (I can't do German yet), there is no reply. When I phone them up, they said they are not good at English, then either ask me to email them my request(no reply), or saying their apartments have been let an hour ago.

Please could you recommend any letting agents or landlords in Munich, whom deal with unfurnished apartments, would like to deal with requests in English?

Many thanks

Cheers,

Janice

Face it, Janice, this is Germany and people speak German. Seeing that the landlords can pick and choose their tenants none of them are going to jump through any hoops to accommodate someone who doesn't speak the language. Do you have a bilingual friend or co-worker who might be able to help?

Hi Sarabyrd,

Yes you are right. It's life!

I was in the biergarten with Toytown yesterday and met some nice people there. Hopefully I could gat some help from them!

Janice

I haven´t got a clue what you are looking for, or what price range it should be, but have you already looked on the Accommodation Offered" part of this site?

http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/index.php?showforum=28

- I guess that if another English-speaker has managed to live in one of these properties, then the chances are that English-speakers are welcome!

Where are you staying now, and can anybody there help you at all?

@ SB - whilst you might be correct about the language, that doesn´t really help, does it?!

Do you have a bilingual friend or co-worker who might be able to help?

I was in the biergarten with Toytown yesterday and met some nice people there. Hopefully I could gat some help from them!

@ SB - whilst you might be correct about the language, that doesn´t really help, does it?!

Since the advice was taken: yes, it did help.

On 09/05/2012, 19:11:09, jwc.man said:

Hi all,

I've been struggling enquiring unfurnished apartment rental in Munich.

I moved to Munich last week. My furniture is now in the storage at Gloucester and it's got to be moved to Munich by the end of July. I tried immobilenscouts24 and immowelt websites and made some contacts with landlords/letting agencies. Everytime when I enquiry by emails in English (I can't do German yet), there is no reply. When I phone them up, they said they are not good at English, then either ask me to email them my request(no reply), or saying their apartments have been let an hour ago.

Please could you recommend any letting agents or landlords in Munich, whom deal with unfurnished apartments, would like to deal with requests in English?

Many thanks

Cheers,

Janice

Hey Janice, you most likely have resolved your issue.
But I wanted to share a solution for anyone in this exact same case today. Disclaimer: I work for the solution. 

The company I work for www.home.ht is specialized in renting unfurnished apartments. 

We rent apartments from private landlords and rent them on their behalf. We guarantee them a monthly rent and then take care of everything. Including finding the perfect tenants. We are coming from a pretty diverse background so English would not be an issue. 

If you are in this situation, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.