Tennis in/around Düsseldorf area?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have any information or interested in playing tennis in the Dusseldorf area? From what I've heard you need to be a part of a club in order to use courts but I'm wondering if there's anyone with some information. It'd be nice to organize a weekly meetup if there's a possibility of getting some courts.

it's probably going to be hard to find a public court, not to mention on that is properly maintained, meaning it actually has a net or how it's called in tennis.

If u find one i would be up to play, i am not very good though

Yeah that's what I'm thinking... I'd also be interested in basketball courts... once again I'm not sure how possible that is without being a member of something.

i've seen some basketball courts in Cologne, most of them are without a net though, sometimes not even a ring.

The only way is maybe finding a gym which offers some courts and then get like a day pass.

You probably won't find a public Teenis court. Never seen one though.

Public basketball courts are everywhere. Every town with a population more than 5000 will have one somewhere i guess.

Maybe without a net and not that high quality but it will work. Never seen a court without a ring :D

Speaking about Düsseldorf, there are 2 Basketball Full-Courts. Next to the Esprit-Arena, the Düsseldorfer Stadium.

Played basketball myself there, it's amazing. And you will probably find someone to play there whenever the weather is good.

Links: http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Germany/Dusseldorf/Esprit-Arena

http://www.duesseldorf.de/sportamt/sportpark_nord/index.shtml

I've been trying to meet someone who plays for ages. Seems to be next to impossible. Find a court, PM me , we'll exchange more details and then we go and play. Simple.

Hmmmmm...this thread is a bit old but anyway....I'm moving to Düsseldorf in November and will be looking to join a local club pretty quickly. Any recommendations? I've just completed A1 German so preferably a club with lots of expats!! Also interested in finding some partners to play with.

Hello everybody 

Not to be repetitive but I also just relocated to Cologne and if someone finally finds a Tennis Court , I would be glad to join. I am relatively good :)