2012 Poll Preferred Telecom Package by TT users

28 posts in this topic

I can't believe how many people have DT here. They are about twice as expensive as the rest of the players on the market. I have Vodafone VDSL, I get 50mbps down, 10mbps up with flatrate fetznetz for 35 euros a month. Seems most of you guys are paying that for 16mbit with DT. And if 16mbit is all you want, there are plenty of providers doing that for 20!

I doubt if M-Net is available where the OP lives, but so far they've been excellent and reliable without paying DT prices. And I wouldn't want anyone to be treated like DT have treated me, friends and colleagues.

They are about twice as expensive...I have Vodafone VDSL, I get 50mbps down, 10mbps up with flatrate fetznetz for 35 euros a month.

The same service from Telekom currently costs 40.45€/month (and includes your own domain name and 25Gb of Cloud space) so hardly double, and to be honest from my experience of DT it's a better service, especially when things go wrong, as they sometimes do.

I can't believe how many people have DT here. They are about twice as expensive as the rest of the players on the market. I have Vodafone VDSL, I get 50mbps down, 10mbps up with flatrate fetznetz for 35 euros a month. Seems most of you guys are paying that for 16mbit with DT. And if 16mbit is all you want, there are plenty of providers doing that for 20!

I´d rather chew on broken glass and rusty razor blades than use Farkafone TBH, they are the spawn of beelzebub.

A neighbout recently had 16k installed via DT and Farkafone still call and tell them it´s not possible to get a 16k ADSL line here and they really need to use their UMTS ( or whatever it´s called ) mobile service, which incidentally, we only get here if you put a Farking antenna way above your roof and even then, it´s intermittent.

I have never had a problem with Vodafone DSL. Never had downtime, always works, almost always at 50mbit. I can't say how their customer service is, because I've never had to use them. I had Alice before, also no problems.

So due to all of the comments about Alice, we are contacting Congostar. Unitymedia is not in our area. Thanks for all the comments now I am of to search for pre-paid USB sticks while I wait for the Congostar install.

Update -- Hi Everyone I just wanted to update on my choice Congostar as YL6 mentioned. It has been great! We had a problem with the DSL line due to a new build up the street it was fixed in 3 days and they gave us a discount for the hassle. The price is right, no contract and the service is great. Even my German husband was impressed with an off brand he had never heard of.

Thanks YL6!