Lufthansa flights cancelled Tue. March 27, 2012

15 posts in this topic

Ok, so I try to check in online for a flight tomorrow morning to Hamburg. The computer say NO! actually it says the flight is cancelled and to contact the service desk, where I can not get through to.

I cannot get anyone to answer a phone!

It seems to be only domestic flights.

On checking the Munich airport website for tomorrows departures I discover that there are flights cancelled to various other places too: Frankfurt, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Hanover.

Are there strikes planned for tomorrow does anyone know? I do not want to traipse the whole way to the airport if I am not going to make my 10:00 am meeting in Hamburg tomorrow.

Now it seems the Munich airport website is not showing information for tomorrows flights....

looks like there are strikes http://www.streikradar.de/27-03-2012-streik-an-deutschen-flughafen-lufthansa-streicht-fluge/

Thanks for the info. So i can get an unplanned lie-in tomorrow!

I will need to reschedule.

Apologies for the typo!

in cases like this Lufthansa normally have an arrangement with the railway to allow you to go by train instead (exchanging flight for train ticket at the station).

and indeed, from the lufthsnsa website info on the strike it seems that this is the case

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Travel-information

along with other useful info including that your cancelled flight booking may have been automatically reassigned to a new flight (and how you find out if this is the case!)

So far it's only Lufthansa effected though? I'm due out on KLM and heard nothing from them.

I am sitting here in Detroit and my flight tonight to Frankfurt has been cancelled. Their webpage wants to fly me down, for some strange reason, to Miami.

I want to get home... to my wife and kids...

They got me a flight to Paris and then to Munich. I hope I can make the Paris - Munich leg... but Paris is a nicer place to spend a few hours (than Detroit). :P

Got my KLM flight to Amsterdam. You might want to give yourself some extra time if your flight is on.

If those fuckers mess up my flight to Dublin tomorrow, I shall be mightily pissed off :angry: I've looked forward to this holiday for months.

I want to get home... to my wife and kids...

They got me a flight to Paris and then to Munich. I hope I can make the Paris - Munich leg... but Paris is a nicer place to spend a few hours (than Detroit).

You can kill some time at DTW by watching the fountain in the middle of concourse A.

And there was me muttering under my breath that my LF flight arrived 30 mins late into Munich last night. Threads like this just remind you of the bigger picture....