Best Day Hikes for Families near Munich

9 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted... but, we are looking for a great day-hike that is roughly 45 - 90 minute drive from Munich. Small children will be joining us, so it will need to be a hike that is not too challenging, but rather with nice scenery and where we can enjoy the great weather we have been having.

We would like to "find" a Berg Hutte along the hike that offers a tasty Bavarian lunch (not just wurst, beers and leberkase). We have previously been to the Albert-Link-Hutte near Spitzingsee, and that was great (good food, playground for the kids, easy enough hike for the kids). However, based on the webcams I'm seeing, they are still covered in snow. So, any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!

There is a lot of info HERE about one of my favorite places to go hiking.

You can even take the train quite easily and cheaply (with the Bayern ticket) in a little over an hour from Hbf.

Thanks for the info! I had never thought of Kufstein...it was always just where we crossed the border :) Are there any particularly good berghutte's, or other restaurants we need to hit for a family lunch?

There are so many things you can do with kids in the outdoors around munich, so maybe this listicle I found helps you to choose the right trip: Hiking with kids - 10 familiy-friendly tours in Bavaria. I was hiking with the kids at the Blomberg mountain in Bad Tölz recently (4 km, 3 hour hike) and went to the summer toboggan run afterwards which was a lot of fun!

I recommend Komoot I use it to find and plan hiking and bike tours, you also get a voice navigation app for your smart phone. They have bunches of tours available for most locations (you can also search for a tour from up to x Km from your location and/or accessible with public transport) with great descriptions and route information including photos and you can customise them or create your own. There is a one off charge of €3,99 for each region you add (I think the first one is free when you first sign up, so you can try it out locally before you pay anything) but it only cost €8,99 for multiple regions or €29,99 for the whole world.

Amazing place and very easy for kids. We took ours when he was 6 and he had no issues.

https://goo.gl/maps/TMAfMeLBpqufjVC76

https://www.chiemsee-alpenland.de/entdecken/alle-sehenswuerdigkeiten/jenbachparadies-bad-feilnbach-a9cb8d93d5

It´s around 40-60min from Munich, depending on where you live and how early you go in the weekends.

At the town, there is a very nice italian:

https://goo.gl/maps/68UUR6nUTiAKTZJJA